Chapter 135

"Who are you really?" Rosaria asked.

The Paragon majestically replied.

"I AM... THE CHOSEN ONE!"

Despite the grandiose reply, no one believed him. Instead, it was another set of murals that amused Rafter.

"What are these?" he asked.

"Outside tells the story of the Empire. Inside tells the story of our Family. After the creation of the Ghosts, the Royal Family followed their guidance. But they followed it excessively to the point they weren't guidance anymore," the Mavencrown Lady answered.

"How so?" Malloy asked.

"A guide should be something you should ponder whether you would follow it. But my family had never once disobeyed the words of the Ghosts. Nor even deliberated about it when the Ghosts began to give conflicting orders."

"Conflicting orders?" Avana spoke.

"Suddenly, there were orders such as removing the tax on Paragons or allowing free passes on our borders. The Ghosts initially started fighting each other but eventually yielded. Only Axel remained for a long time until... he also recently gave in."

"Yeah, because that's when he vanished," Kane replied.

Everyone was flustered at Kane's sudden statement, especially Rosaria.

"D-Did you say vanished?"

"Yup. I met the real Ghost of Axel, and he told me about what happened to his brothers. He was quite a funny guy. Not exactly the weak shit that the books portrayed."

Kane narrated his moments with Axel, omitting some details, such as his Doppelganger.

"He gave me the mission of clearing all the ghosts, which is why I eventually ate them."

But Rosaria doubted the authenticity of his claims.

"Why are you casually saying that like it's no big deal? Do you have any proof of that? Anyone could've easily said that!"

Kane confidently stretched his arms wide.

"ME. I'm the evidence. I am a man who opened that gigantic door. A man who received all the blessings of the Powerful Trinity of this Empire!"

It was obviously a bluff since he had no idea how he received these blessings from the beginning.

"I think we're here," Talos voiced.

The end of the hallway featured a large room with a massive beacon in the center, beaming toward the sky.

"This is the very first Royal Court of the Miranda Kingdom. Now, it's the Tomb of my Great Grandmother, Queen Miranda Mavencrown."

SHING!

At that point, an apparition of a long-haired woman appeared before them. Rosaria bowed at the gigantic floating Ghost in the middle of the room.

"The Great Mother of this Kingdom. I am Rosaria Mavencro—"

"GIRL, WATCH OUT!!" Kane yelled as he pushed Rosaria away.

WHAAAAAMMMMM!!

"Ack!"

Kane was blown away!

Luckily, he was in his Monkey Form, successfully tanking all that damage. Rosaria quickly stood up and tried to talk to the Ghost.

"G-Grandmother! I-It's me! Your descendant, Rosaria Mavencrown!"

SHACK!

Rosaria sliced her own hand, splashing some blood toward the Ghost. But the Ghost was undeterred and continued aiming both hands at her.