Chapter 78

There were many discrepancies in the story of Emperor Leonordius Synderium's victory against his sister, Rashina Synderium.

Kane defeated a Sparrowknight and learned they already turned their back on the Emperor. The Empire didn't know that, and yet they won the war?

Even after the war, no one seemed to care about the betrayal of the Knights.

Moreover, a Ranker also disappeared. Vicente was actually shown in the news in the real world. They said he was caught in a mess and have been trying to fix it.

However, in Arcadia, there was not a single news of the disappearance of their secret agent and Vicente's alter-ego, Taurus.

Lastly, the GM15 guild was supposed to be the guild partnered with the Kingdom. They were recently branded as traitors. However, if the Empire had just discovered that they were traitors on the day of the Sieging of the Capital, that was more why the Empire would fall.

But no one talked about it.

Especially when Leonordius Synderium himself appeared on a victory parade a week after the battle.

After hearing Kane's explanation, Spencer slowly realized that those were valid points.

"S-So you're saying that something was going on that no one knows?"

"Yeah. I was adopted by the late Scadovia Synderium as his secret Paragon son a decade ago. I was also part of the successors to the throne, which is why I needed to hide."

Spencer nodded upon hearing his story. But Kane was shaking as he couldn't stop laughing.

The clown continued,

"While hiding, I've been hiding and aiding my father in the shadows. However, now that my father is dead and the Empire is in turmoil, I knew I have to step out."

"Ooohhh, yeah. W-We should protect the Empire!"

Kane could no longer endure his laughing that he had to change the topic.

"Just remember that for now. I wanna know what happened to you and why you ended up in that Digging Site."

"Ah. Y-You are correct. I belonged to the Great Kaldwin Clan. My father, Averus Kaldwin, was actually one of Irelia's 12 Zodiac mages."

When the Rainsleif Kingdom was established, 12 people were chosen by the Great Mage Haymitch and the Goddess Irelia to watch over the Kingdom. Usually, 6 of them were Paragons, while the other 6 were Arcadians to balance the power.

"Hmm, okay."

Spencer's father and uncle were both Zodiac mages.

His father, Averus Kaldwin, was blessed with the power of Sagittarius. In contrast, his uncle, Caruso Dawson, was blessed with the power of Leo.

Averus usually stayed in the Kingdom to deal with Rainsleif's internal problems. Whereas his uncle usually explored outside the Kingdom to deal with external problems.

Because of their Kingdom duties, Spencer's parents were always busy.

Eventually, Spencer's older sister and brother were trained by another Zodiac Mage. While Spencer and his younger brother, Simon, were taught by Caruso.

At that time, Caruso was known for being a Paragon fanatic. He was famed for using powers that resembled Paragons.

People were mocking him for his destructive power, but they can't argue that he was the strongest Zodiac Mage. And it was not even his final form as he kept tracking down Paragon masters to learn from them.