Chapter 102

It was just moments ago when Kane was hiding on top of the pillars, carefully watching the battle.

"Uhuh... so that was their abilities."

Watching them all, especially the Zodiac Mages and Priscilla, made Kane think of something.

'Wait a minute! Since they postponed the exam, do I have to retake this shit?!'

If Kane had just escaped the room earlier, then he would've already passed the exam. But since the Zodiac Mages intervened and fought Priscilla's faction, Kane wouldn't be recognized as the person who cleared the room.

But Kane was still bothered by the notification.

[Warning: Wonderland Quest Updated]

[Your ties with Priscilla's faction have been broken. They will now attack you on sight. Survive and kill the entirety of Priscilla's faction to protect Rainsleif.]

The quest was still ongoing!

'Quests... they're not set in stone. They could be changed depending on the situation.'

Upon browsing through his quest over and over again, Kane came up to a conclusion—To finish the quest.

If he helped the Zodiac Mages defeat Priscilla, he would clear the quest but be forced to retake the exam. However, what if he helped Priscilla instead?

***

[AVERUS KALDWIN THE SAGITTARIUS LVL 625]

HP: [?/?]

[SONAYA GLADES THE SCORPIO LVL 564]

HP: [?/?]

[CRAIG FOX THE CAPRICORN LVL 440]

HP: [?/?]

Averus warned Kane one last time.

"Last chance, kid. Stand back! Your exam is postponed. This is our jurisdiction now."

"Sir! I'M SO CLOSEEEEE!! SOOOOO CLOSE!! I just need to finish this, and I'll surpass his high scor—"

WHOOOSH!

Averus unleashed a deadly jab aimed at Kane's nose!

PHACK!

A gust of wind was formed as Kane caught it with his bare fist, surprising Averus.

'T-This strength!'

He couldn't believe it! Kane was casually clenching his fists with a mocking smile on his face.

SHING!

Averus summoned his sword, quickly swinging from below toward Kane's neck.

WHOOSH!

The Paragon spoke,

"Oh! Now lemme try my new weapon."

SHING!

Out of nowhere, the radiating light from the skies was suddenly blocked by something that Kane summoned!

IT WAS GAMIGORE'S GIGANTIC CLUB!

Despite its size, Kane swung it steadfast, way faster than Averus' sword.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Sonaya appeared between Kane and Averus, blocking Kane's Club with a Green Claymore in her hands.

"What are you doing, student?"