Chapter 115

After consecutively dying from his battles in a short time, Kane was locked out of Arcadia.

[Death Penalty]

[You lost all your items in your inventory]

[You cannot log in for the next 50:00:00 hours]

[You cannot log in for the next 49:59:59 hours]

[You cannot log in for the next 49:59:58 hours]

"Ugh... why is this my fault?! You guys kept sending me opponents that were way stronger than I am!" said the guy who was strolling in Areas designated for LVL 100+ people when his level was just 7.

Due to that, Kane spent the whole day busy tending to the customers of the Chickenfighter. Jae Hwan was actually glad that this dumbass finally got to work for an entire day. After a tiresome day, Kane approached Jae Hwan, who was cleaning the glass entrance door.

"Hey, dude. Can I get a leave tomorrow?"

"Huh? Tomorrow? Why so? Is it because I asked you to work for a whole day today?"

"Ah, no. I'm going to some Old Chef. I was wondering if I could get some cooking tips."

"Oh, I like that."

Upon seeing Jae Hwan flipping the 'Open' signboard to 'Closed' on the glass door, Kane flinched.

"Wait, it's just 6 pm? Why are we closing?"

"Yup. Because there is something we need to do."

Kane found it weird, but he followed Jae Hwan as he sat at one of the unoccupied tables. The staff waited for another hour until all the eating customers were gone. While waiting, Kane asked Jae Hwan a question.

"You saw that happened last night."

"Ye. What about it? Are you concerned about Rashina? I'm sure she survived. She just absorbed a Mana that was comparable to a LVL 800 Paragon. I still can't believe that was the real fucking Rashina Synderium. You have some damn luck, Kane."

"The lack of web articles is making me worry about her survival. But of course, I'm sure she survived. I'm more bothered about what the Dragon said about me being the 'Bridge' and 'Arcadian Armaggedon' something?"

Erick intervened upon hearing their conversation.

"Arcadian Armageddon is an NPC prophecy that portrays the end of Arcadia by the hands of us, the Paragons. It's basically an Arcadian counterpart of Norse Mythology's Ragnarok."

Kane replied,

"How will it happen?"

Jae Hwan answered,

"No one knows. No one knows who prophesized that either. But the Players believed that the Arcadians coined this prophecy in fear of the Paragon's unlimited growth. They feared that one day, they'll get overwhelmed by us."

"Unlimited Growth?"

"Yes. Unlike Arcadians, we Players or Paragons will continue leveling up as long as our character ascends the Level Caps. We get stronger without limits."

Erick added,

"Aside from that, Arcadians do have a secret leveling mechanic. However, they have limits since their bodies can't adjust to their modifications. But the Players don't have any limit to the number of changes happening in our Avatars."

This reminded Kane of the time that Jenny Leveled Up when she killed her own Paragon Husband, Presley. She did level up, but it wasn't as much as if Kane killed Presley instead. Kane asked another question.