Chapter 56

"I told you I don't have any more money!"

PAK!

"Ugh!"

Dreyer was helplessly smacked in the head as his hands were tied. One of the bandits stood up and approached him.

"Enough. We've been beating him enough."

Unknown to them, Dreyer was smiling under that bloodied face of his.

'Right. You're not gonna get shit from me!'

Dreyer was confident, as he stashed all his important items somewhere before getting captured by bandits.

CLACK!

Dreyer was surprised as his hands were shackled.

"W-What? Aren't you gonna kill me?!"

[New Quest Received: Ruler of the Empire]

Description: You got caught in the middle of the war.

Clear Conditions: SURVIVE.

Rewards: Unknown SS Class Reward

Penalty: -5 Levels. -100 FAME. You will gain the Cowardice title.

[Warning: Accepting this quest will prevent you from logging out for an unspecified amount of time. You can log out and accept the penalties before taking the quest.]

'WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?! 5 LEVELS! I JUST REACHED LEVEL 50 AFTER 2 YEARS!'

[You will automatically accept this quest in 10]

[You will automatically accept this quest in 9]

[You will automatically accept this quest in 8]

'There's no way I wouldn't accept this when there's a SS Class Reward!"

[You will automatically accept this quest in 2]

[You will automatically accept this quest in 1]

PAK!

"Mmmh! Mmh!"

Dreyer was surprised as the bandits gagged his mouth. The Bandit grabbed him on his collar and dragged him away.

"I heard Paragons were immortals, and the pain you could feel in this world is halved compared to the world you came from. But that doesn't mean your mind can handle it, right? As long as we're not gonna kill you, we can do everything we want..."

BAM!

The Bandit kicked the door open. Dreyer started tearing up upon seeing the horrendous torture room right in front of him.

***

The Six Irelian Shrines.

They were Shrines that were blessed by The Maiden Goddess of Light, Irelia the Magnifica.

Irelia was one of the deities protected and watched over the Synderium family and their allies for countless years. Until Emperor Scadovia Synderium came to power and started his conquest throughout Arcadia.

The Goddess disapproved of his conquest that she withdrew all her blessings toward the Empire. But it wasn't enough since other deities supported Scadovia's war.

Years later, Scadovia's children vowed to the Goddess to make amends for their father's sins.

Leonordius the Young

Rashina the Conqueror

Maelion the Ferocious

Skander the Tenacious