Chapter 122

Spencer wobbled his way through the woods wearing only a cowl.

"Huff... huff... huff... AAARRGGGHHHH!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Repeated headaches brought him down constantly, making him collapse on the ground.

SPLASH!

He dropped to a puddle right in front of him.

"M-My head!! E-Even my voice!! AAAHHHHHHHH!! AAAA—"

It rendered him speechless upon seeing his newly acquired appearance on the water puddle.

"M-M-My f-f-face...."

SPLASH! SPLASH! SPLASH!

But no matter how many times he would wash his face, it still remained to be a Demon in the reflections.

"N-No!! Noooo!! NOOOOOOO!! W-What is goin—"

"It's the Immortalis Potion," Spencer himself spoke.

"W-What? I didn't mean to say that. W-Why am I saying those word—"

"We have merged together."

"D-Doom?"

SPLASH!

Everything slowly sank in as he looked at his own reflection.

"W-What have you done?!?!"

"The Immortalis Potion permanently increases a user's stats proportionate to a single non-fatal attack received. But I found an exploit after countless experiments and sacrifices. It showed that Poisons and Burns, which should be under the Damage Over Time Category, is also effective under the Immortalis Potion."

"W-What do you mean?"

"As you constantly get damaged, your body is simultaneously undergoing perpetual repair and transformation. This is because the so-called system by the Paragons treats it as a single attack. That's why a volcano is the best way to utilize the potion."

Spencer immediately became furious. He stood up from the puddle, hysterically looking around, but Doom couldn't be seen.

"Y-You forced me to jump into a Volcano for th—AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Headache struck him once more. Spencer swayed all over the place, trying his best not to fall as his newly gained senses were still stabilizing.

"I thought we would fail the process when we got struck in the chest. You even puked some of the potion, while some did spill out from the hole in your chest. Fortunately, it still worked, although its effect diminished. Imagine what you are now if we just used 100% of it."

"UUUUUGHHHHHHHH!!"

Spencer puked once again.

WHOOOSH!

But he immediately stood his ground upon sensing the unordinary swaying of grasses around him. He detected something fast about to approach them with his heightened senses.

SHING!

A sword was swung down, aimed for Spencer's neck.

PHAAANNNGG!!

Spencer smashed the sword into two by punching it, unleashing loud clanging sounds echoing over the forest. Both Spencer and his attacker were in disbelief upon seeing each other.

"B-Brother?!"

It was his Eldest Brother Talos.

"Brother... what are you doing here?"