Chapter 5

SHHHHHHH...

It was the sound of falling embers around the room. They were the remnants of the wolves that Dreyer burned using his magic. Flames and dead wolves were scattered all over the place. Birthos, Malloy, Rafter, and Dreyer were all encircled around Kane to protect him. Kane started to feel embarrassed because of being scared for no reason.

When the wolves swarmed them at the entrance, Kane immediately turned around and ran away. However, the splashing sound of the murky water while he was crossing the swamp was maddening. Before he went further, he decided to go back as he felt it was safer to stick with his teammates.

Since the room was cleared, the group pushed forward. Dreyer walked alongside Kane.

"You looked like you were amazed at my skills?"

"Yeah, that was cool as fuck!"

"I changed my mind. I'll protect you, so don't worry. Just stay there, and we'll do everything."

Aside from the scary monsters, this was also the first time that Kane would see the spell in front of him. Kane already saw them from books and archived movies, but seeing it in Arcadia was a whole new experience.

While Birthos, Malloy, and Rafter were all attacking the monsters using their swords, Kane couldn't help but be mesmerized at the majestic flames that Dreyer was releasing that he didn't know that he had his mouth opened wide.

When there were crossing from one room to another, Kane would approach Dreyer and ask about magic.

"How can I also do that?"

"Not everyone can cast magic. I sold all my items to buy just one Skillbook, Fireball."

"Even if it was just one skill, it was still powerful."

While it was hard to master, mages were definitely one of the most popular jobs in Arcadia. The skillbooks to gain magical spells were too expensive to buy and required a lot of effort to master.

The system recommended for the players to just use the default melee combat at the start and just practice Magic when the player was already on the higher levels. However, a few people like Dreyer were skilled and dedicated enough to sacrifice and put a lot of effort to activate a single spell, Fireball.

[Fireball LVL 3]

Deals 100 magical damage at the targeted area. The damage is doubled on the center.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Manacost: 20

Little by little, Kane became brave enough to be no longer scared of the monsters no matter how big and horrendous they were. While the others were protecting him, Kane was just looking around, trying to find the Moonshards. However, none of the stones in the rooms were the same as the stones that he saw in the pictures.

The group managed to clear a room once again. Dreyer asked where to go as there were 3 pathways in front of them. Birthos pointed at the rightmost path and entered it. At this point, Kane wasn't even looking at them anymore. He was too focused on using the in-game search engine.

[Search: Why can't I find moonshards in Fruit Eye Cave?]

He found out that there were already a few people who asked the same things. Kane quickly found an answer to his question.

[Answer: Moonshards are valuable items for crafting. It can be only found when the final boss fight started.]

'So, I need to actually survive all this shit to find that shar—'