Chapter 40

SHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Since everybody left the hall and the dark magicians were dead, all that was left were the gushing water's sound from the top deck and the screams of Kane's party.

"Kane! Where are you!?"

"Big brother Kane! Hellooo!"

Juanito and Maria Prime were screaming nonstop to find the shocked Paragon. On the other side, Bannermanner, while being guided by Melodia's light, was grabbing the fallen bodies on the floor, looking for Kane. They continued looking for Kane, but he can't be found.

12 PM in real life.

Kane's VR set was left on the restaurant floor.

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

Kane was beside that VR set with a red slap mark on his face while sitting on the table, trying to drink a whole jug of water. He took a break after getting slapped by Miss Sunmi.

Because his character was being shocked, Kane had to say Metamorphosis many times, but it wasn't working that he had to shout for it to activate. His midnight shouts inadvertently woke up Sunmi and slapped him in the cheeks.

After apologizing, Sunmi returned to their mansion, and Kane took a little rest on the table as his mouth went dry.

'Fuck this game. It will drain me both physically and mentally.'

A few seconds later.

"UWAAAAHHHHH!!"

Kane finally appeared from the flood, which surprised everyone. The worried Maria Prime immediately ran toward him and hugged him.

"I thought you're gone!"

Kane couldn't help but cringe. But he liked it somehow as it has been so long since someone hugged him sincerely even it was just a game.

'Why does an NPC feeling this way on me?'

Maria Prime got back to her senses and moved away from Kane. Suddenly, Kane took a random cloak and the floor and tossed it at Maria.

"Aw! What was that for?"

"Your clothes."

Maria Prime was surprised upon seeing her clothes became see-through because of the water, showing her underwear. Maria Prime embarrassingly covered herself with the cloak that Kane handed.

Kane proudly smile as he did something like what a real romantic character should do. But Maria Prime's sister patted Kane's shoulder.

"What about us?"

Kane looked behind only to see that the other Marias were also soaked and in need of cloaks.

'These dumbshits. Why don't they just find cloak for themselves?!'

But the gullible Kane did it anyway while Juanito tried to help. BM also took one and placed it on Melodia since her dress was also white. But Melodia gently placed it away. She banged her staff on the floor and instantly dried herself.

Melodia looked at the situation and saw that Kane was seriously getting cloaks for the Marias one by one.

"Ugh. We're wasting time here."

Hearing that, Bannermanner also joined them in giving out some clothes. But the person who needed to rush the most was Kane since his Metamorphosis' effect was ticking.

Maria's sisters teased Maria Prime as they deemed Kane a good person for seriously finding cloaks for them. But in reality, Kane was actually doing it to roam around and eat the souls.