Chapter 59

It is I, Gemini, the 3rd Zodiac mage.

It has been a very long time since the 10 of us have connected with each other. At this point, I hoped you already found Virgo and Pisces.

It has been a year since Goddess Irelia sent us to investigate the shadows building up inside the Empire.

One day, Princess Morgana Synderium suddenly approached me for an elaborate plan to transfer her powers to me using my abilities as the Gemini.

"Your highness, what is this absurd notion of yours? If we used my abilities, then you will be rendered powerless."

She took a pause and stared at the large circular window.

"Months from now, they will embark to this Kingdom. And when the time is nigh, this beautiful scenery that we could perceive in this window will all be sent to the void."

We were at her Lavenderia Kingdom at that time. She predicted that she and her Kingdom would be completed annihilated in the future.

She even predicted that once I relayed this message, the Lavenderia Kingdom is no more. But I hoped that wasn't the case.

"Then we should just escape, your highness!"

"We were destined to collapse. The Empire branded me and my subjects as traitors. There is no escape. But we could always keep our pride and face our imminent defeat with courage."

It was true.

Her Lavenderia Kingdom was on the southeastern-most portion of the Empire that was wholly surrounded by foes waiting to devour her forces.

"But..."

Suddenly, the tone of her voice changed.

"...this Kingdom was destined to collapse, but not the Empire."

Her Highness somehow noticed my confusion in just one glance.

"They'll come for me for one reason—my abilities."

It was like she was very sure of it. Suddenly, she turned around and faced me.

"Did you know about the Six Irelian Shrines and it's the purpose?"

"Yes. The Shrines could give people a massive boost or decrease in stats. It was the reason why they weren't any uprising that happened in the capital. Its main purpose was to protect the people in the capital and the royal family."

The lady subtly smiled before turning around, facing back at the window.

"The royal family... that was just a trivial rationale. Its true main purpose was to protect the continent from the GATES."

It was at that point when I was really confused.

"My lady, the appearance of Gates was a natural occurrence that was happening throughout Arcadia. Gates were also the reason why Paragons and Arcadians could get stronger by taking the materials and artifacts inside of it."

WHOOSH!

In just one tap of her leg, I was suddenly teleported to another world. It was a blazing world filled with diabolical monsters.

My legs fell weak that I suddenly fell down. The monster noticed that it started walking toward me.

I was so scared that I started crawling away. When I turned around, Master Morgana was right in front of me. I ran toward him, but...

SHING!

I phased through. She was an apparition.

Suddenly, the real Morgana approached me from behind.