Chapter 25

[You died]

[Quest Updated]

[Quest: The Mavencrown Brothers (S)]

[Listen to Axel Mavencrown (Resolved)]

[Eat Axel Mavencrown's Soul (Resolved)]

[Eat Valian Mavencrown's Soul]

[Eat Jacob Mavencrown's Soul]

[Eat Arthur Mavencrown's Soul]

[Eat Wallace Mavencrown's Soul]

[Waypoints have been found near the area]

[Do you want to spawn at Miranda Town Square? – YES OR NO]

[NO]

[LOGOUT]

Kane removed his VR goggles just in time when Jae Hwan came. Despite dying once more, he felt better this time compared to the other times that he died.

"Hmmm, something good happened? You leveled up?"

"Level reduction? Oh, yeah. If you failed a quest. Come join us for dinner."

Kane took a break and joined Jae Hwan and his family's dinner. As usual, the food sucked, but Kane already got used to it since he doesn't know how to cook either. Right after, Kane went out to the courtyard to look at the stars. Jae Hwan noticed him.

"What are you look at?"

"The stars."

"Feeling sentimental all of a sudden?"

"It's been a while."

"A while?"

"It's been a while since someone relied on me and gave me a goal. Even if it was just a game, I was glad. Because it was another reason to live."

"What do you mean?"

"When I lost my apartment a few weeks ago, I thought then that I was lost. But in reality, I was already lost ever since the start when I was kicked from my family. It wasn't living. I was just surviving."

"I did feel like this isn't the first time you've been alone. When I first saw you looking like a bum with your face badly bruised, I thought you got your ass beaten after leaving your home or something. But then, when I saw you easily adjusted to living here, I realized you're probably alone for quite some time. Tell me about it."

"I guess you're not dumb after all."

"You're dumber than me."

"Hmph! As if! I was an honor student before."

"So, was I."

"Oh, yeah? What place are you? I'm always first in class."

"I'm always first, too."

"How about in martial arts. I'm a black belter."

"So am I."

"Uhhhh..."

"So tell me about it. How did you end up this way?"

"Let's just say that I'm not really a hero, but most of the things that I was doing was somehow heroic."

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"Whenever I see some kind of injustice or unfairness, some kind of switch will get triggered in my head, and it will start to annoy and haunt me. I hate it, but I'm just like that."