Chapter 145

At the Liwa'an Shrine a few months ago, Kane faced another Paragon while on an expedition with Vicente.

[Brahmian]

This was Kane and Brahmian's very first encounter. Kane screamed at the top of his lungs as he pounced at Brahmian. But the merchant Paragon just flicked his fingers in response, unleashing a golden treasure chest above Kane.

SPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

[You killed Kane250]

Kane died in one hit as he was smashed by the chest. Brahmian took all his sweet items as they burst out in the open upon his death.

RUMBLE! RUMBLE!

But lightning strikes could be seen from a nearby battle as he grabbed the items.

The lightning strikes created a forest fire that made a gigantic circular area of burnt trees. In the middle was the heavily injured Vicente lying on the ruined ground while the unscathed Battalion Commander floated from a distance.

[Battalion Commander of the Sunfire Kingdom and one of Rashina's Captains]

[LVL: ???]

[ID: ???]

Vicente sighed,

'Crap... this guy is a fucking monster.'

The Zodiac Mage mustered his strength to stand up while being cautious if the Commander ever moved. He then opened up a conversation to buy time.

"Answer me, did Rashina really let the Sunfires in to invade the Empire?!?!" Vicente asked.

"No. We didn't invade anyone. Rather, Rashina asked the Zeiraoh for help, and we just gave it to her."

THUD!

Vicente slammed his spear on the ground to help him stand up and immediately charged his Holy energy.

WHOOOOM! WHOOOOM! WHOOOOOM!

The Zodiac Mage felt insulted as he stared at the Sunfire Commander, who let him power up.

"UUUUUAAAHHHHHHH!! I don't believe you. You nearly killed hundreds of people with that meteor at the Tanyang Village. Rashina wouldn't allow that!"

WHOOOOSHH!!

Vicente bolted toward the Commander with his spear flying toward the Commander's face.

PHAAAANNNGG!!

The Commander swung his sword, casually deflecting his spear to the side like nothing. Vicente immediately retaliated by engaging in hand-to-hand combat.

WHOOOOSH!

The Sunfirian jumped away.

BAAAAMMM!!

But he was blocked by an Earth Wall summoned by Vicente. The Zodiac Mage dashed toward him while he was trapped, but the invader unrooted the gigantic Earth Wall with his bare hands.

CRACKLE!

He tossed it at Vicente after plugging it out of the ground.

SHING!

Vicente vaporized the wall and turned it into a mud puddle, which he used to slide toward the Commander and attack him with his earth-infused fists.

PHAAAAMMMM!!

His attack was met with the Commander's fist, and they both negated their attacks upon contact.

WHOOOOSHH!