Chapter 137

BANG!

The SWAT Team finally pried the elevator doors open.

CLACK!

But they aimed their guns toward an empty space leading to an underground parking lot. No one was there except for a VR Capsule. The agents slowly approached the Capsule. But as expected, it was already empty.

BZZZZTTT!!

"Target is lost."

On the upper floors, a heavily bloodied hallway brandished the scene. Bullet holes filled the walls, and the agents were either dead or knocked out. At its end, the heavily bloodied Mirror Knight was seen limping away.

Coincidentally, a radio on the floor was activated.

"Target is lost."

"Huffff...."

Mirror Knight released a deep sigh of satisfaction upon hearing it as he disappeared into the shadows.

***

SHIIIIIGGGNNNNN!!

Valian Mavencrown's blade stopped just a few millimeters above Kane's neck.

'H-HUH??!?!'

Kane frantically looked around and saw the statue flattening Talos also stopped. He glanced to the left, seeing Axel Mavencrown also not moving.

'OH SHIT! GOTTA MOVE!!'

Despite being confused, Kane immediately dashed toward lady Miranda Mavencrown in a split-second decision.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! THIS IS DO OR DIE!!"

He jumped into the air and opened his mouth wide.

[Blowing Flame!!]

FUUUUUAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

He scorched her as he dived toward her, but the immobile woman just tanked everything.

SHING!!

Upon landing, Kane immediately slashed her neck.

[Cooking Bladeworks!]

PAANGG!!

But it was like his blade struck a metal.

[You dealt 2,000 damage]

Kane didn't stop and continued slashing only her neck.

SHING! SHING! SHING! SHING! SHING! SHING!

[You dealt 2,000 damage] [You dealt 2,000 damage] [You dealt 2,000 damage]

[You dealt 2,000 da—]

Kane repeatedly slashed her like a madman. He continued doing so even after his skill had ended because who knows when this woman would start moving again.

"Haaa.... Haaa... haaa...."

Luckily, he did decapitate her after nearly a thousand slashes.

SHING!

[THE GHOST OF QUEEN MIRANDA MAVENCROWN defeated]

[Fame increased]

[Miranda Kingdom Reputation increased]

[XP received]

[Deminotaur LVL 115 -> LVL 150]

[Deminotaur max LVL reached]