Chapter 132

Ashes engulfed the entire room while the fading Prince sat on the concrete stairwell. He glanced one final time at the victorious Paragon.

"You exceeded my expectations, kid."

The fading Prince gently bowed his head, to which Kane reciprocated.

"Paragon. As you defeated all the Illusions that the Gods created, you are treading closer to the Valley of Death."

Kane was flustered.

"W-What do you mean I defeated all the illusions? I only fought two Ghosts?"

The Prince exhaled a tender sigh.

"That's quite disappointing. It seems someone took them out instead of you. I can no longer sense them. I was actually hoping that you're th—"

Fearing that he won't complete the Quest, Kane blurted out something.

"Oh! I-I'm the ONE! T-The fake Axel said I needed to say this to the last Mavencrown Ghost. He said I needed to find something or someone."

CRACKLE!

Wallace's body started to crack one by one.

"I guess it doesn't matter whether you killed all the ghosts or not as long as you were the one that received that message. Before I disappear entirely, first and foremost, I'm no longer connected to Arcanos since all the Ghosts have died already. My message from this point on wouldn't be sent to Arcanos."

Such good words elated the Paragon.

"Really?!"

Wallace scoffed.

"Aha, don't be so confident. My creator only granted me full control of this room. Your entire climb outside of this room is still recorded. So, devise an excuse so you won't be blamed for our disappearance."

Kane snapped back to reality.

"Sheesh! Damn, Arcanos!"

"Now, here's some additional information you'll need. My Master is called the NOVELIST. That person is responsible for creating different entities like Ghosts like me. Sadly, the Novelist is locked up and forced to do all this stuff by Arcanos. I want you to save my Master."

DING!

[Quest Updated - Looming Darkness (U)]

Log 1: You have found out about the kidnapping of Hailey Gomez that led to her death and her soul being a host for Axel Mavencrown's duplicate.

Log 2: An entity called The NOVELIST is responsible for the creation of the ghosts. The ghost of Wallace Mavencrown pleaded with you to find and save her.

Objective: Find and Save the Novelist

"Don't you know where he or she is?"

"No idea. I might've been created by the Novelist, but my first memory is in this Tower. These words I am saying right now are embedded in my head, scripted by my Master. It seemed he or she left some kind of beacon in his or her creations that will be relayed to the rightful person."

Kane's itched his head as he had no idea how to find the Novelist. But the Prince chuckled upon seeing his bewildered state.

"Aha! Fear not... with your skills, you can definitely find my Master. Remember, you have heavily assorted abilities within you. Make sure you utilize each and every one of them. You barely even touch 10% of your true... power. Good luc—"

WHOOOSH!

The Prince finally faded.

Only his soul orb remained.