Chapter 34

BOG! BOG! BOG!

BAM!

After a few attempts, Bannermanner smashed the sealed door open. The people inside couldn't help but cover their faces with their hands because of the sudden bright light. But they were glad as they were finally freed.

One by one, people that were locked inside went out and were escorted by Hallow's men. Across the prison cells were Boogie and her men shackled down in chains while being guarded by Herald Guards. Melo and his crewmembers were not exempted.

As the situation was resolved, Bannermanner walked away. But someone grabbed him in the arm. It was a prisoner with his face covered by a stained golden helmet that looked like a bird.

"You fought well. You must be a Paragon."

"I've heard that a lot. I'm not sure if I am really a Paragon, but may I ask what is a Paragon?"

"Your kind were powerful beings who looked like us, but different because of their unlimited capabilities. There is a lot of your kind around the capital."

"You seemed to know a lot about this."

"Yes. Forgive my rudeness. I am the Sparrowman. I belong to our late Emperor's most trusted and most powerful squad he created."

"What is a man with that status appearing on this island?"

"Since our Great Emperor was killed, half of the Empire has fallen. Sparrowmen like us were tasked to find out the usurpers in Arcadia to protect the remaining half. Most of us got caught, hunted down and imprisoned in places like these for the lack of proper support and resources. If it wasn't for you and your friends, I would never escape this place. But for my missing comrades, I only hope they're okay."

Bannermanner was utterly oblivious to what was happening in Arcadia because he skipped some crucial parts of the Tutorial Questline. Sparrowman noticed that the Paragon looked like he was unaware of what he was saying.

"For now, accept this as my gratitude."

[You received 1,000 Gold]

[You received 1,000 Gold (Locked to Valkyra37)]

[You received 1,000 Gold (Locked to Kane250)]

'Locked golds?'

[New Quest Received]

[Quest: Royal Knights (A)]

[Rewards: Conclusion of the Herald City Questline. You will be allowed to leave the island.]

[Penalty if failed: Cannot leave the island until the quest is completed.]

[You received a Centennial Boarding Ticket]

[You received a Centennial Boarding Ticket (Locked to Valkyra37)]

[You received a Centennial Boarding Ticket (Locked to Kane250)]

Bannermanner was flustered upon receiving the new quest.

"Boarding Ticket?"

"Yes. I hope that you will join me back in the capital. I believe the Empire needs your help. I will be waiting at the port."

Sparrowman bowed and walked away from Bannermanner without giving him a chance to reply.

Seeing that he was forced to take the quest, Bannermanner approached the resting Melodia on top of wooden boxes.

"I received some kind of quest."

"I also did. I was just watching the arrest of those thugs and then it suddenly appeared."