Chapter 4

"Huff... huff... huff..."

After an intense battle, Kane was heavily panting while also near exhaustion. Despite that, he was smiling. He was smiling because this was the first time he was thrilled after a very long time.

'I feel good. I totally forgot all the shit that happened today.'

But in the middle of his deep breaths, he saw the injured Maria on the ground. Kane approached her and reached out his hand. She grabbed it, and Kane helped her stand up. Of course, what kind of a Non-Playable Character or NPC would refuse help from a Player?

"Don't worry about those guys, they won't be bother—"

SLAP!

"Asshole!"

Maria suddenly shoved his hand away and slapped his face. Kane was astounded at the actions of the NPC.

'What the hell was that?'

That was the only words that Kane could think of while Maria scoffed away from him. It seemed the arrogant Kane forgot that he was the one who pushed Maria away.

"Hey! What about my rewa—"

*CHING*

A notification box suddenly appeared.

[Quest Failed]

[Fame decreased]

[Reputation decreased]

[Tutorial Tips: How Players and NPCs would interact with you highly depends on Fame and Reputation. Reputation is the accumulated points that a Player can gain in a CITY and is different for every city. However, Fame is the accumulated points a Player earned in the world of Arcadia, including all the Reputation points.]

"What?! I failed?! Then I went through all these hassles for no reason!! Where's that shitty Maria?!"

Kane swiped away the notification to look for Maria. But the road was empty. Thankfully, Maria managed to run away from this hooligan.

"Damn it. Because of this stupid panels appearing everywhere. Now what?"

[Do you want to disable Tutorial Tips?]

"Yes! You fucker!"

[Tutorial Tips disabled.]

With nothing to do, Kane sat for a moment to look at his stats.

Name: Kane250

Level: 2 (0/100)

Class: N/A

Title: N/A

Titles Acquired: N/A

Health: 120/120

Mana: 50/50

Stamina: 20/20

Weight: 10/200

Stat Points: 10

STR: 10

AGI: 10

INT: 10

Luc—

But there were too many variables that Kane didn't understand. How would this idiot know when he turned off the tips.

Kane scrolled down and saw two stats that caught his attention.

FAME: 0

HERALD CITY REPUTATION: 0