Chapter 120

After the Capital fell into Rashina's hands, the GM15 Guild was the first casualty of that battle. They were the Ruling Guild within the Synderium Empire that swore loyalty to Emperor Scadovia Synderium himself.

With Morgana being blamed for Scadovia's death, Leonordius became the immediate successor to the throne. Their oath required the GM15 Guild to protect Leonordius. The Royal Family successfully escaped, but the Guild did not.

They were defeated by the combined forces of NPCs, led by Rashina Synderium and the Demon Abaloz, and Paragons, led by an enigmatic man named Falkrune. The captured members were frozen and tranquilized so their characters wouldn't die and respawn somewhere else.

Their characters were eventually imprisoned in a special anti-aging chamber below the Capital. In these moments, a Player can opt to abandon their character to recreate a new one. However, long-time players like Xvin couldn't afford to lose an account they worked hard for.

In these situations, these Players would release a distress call to open a rescue commission for other players to save them. The GM15 did the same, patiently waiting for Pixie, and the Hunter Brothers for their rescue. Xvin was one of those captured members tied down by magic dampening shackles.

BANG! BANG!

Suddenly, he heard someone pounding on his metal-plated door.

And then he heard a voice.

"O-Oh! Is this it?!"

Xvin immediately opened up his chatbox window to alarm his entire Guild.

DING!

[Message Sent]

Xvin bounced from the cold floor to approach the metal door.

"Hey! Pixie, is that you?! Or are you Colosseum Hu—Huh? HUHHHHHHH?!?!?!"

But he was somewhat more surprised than pleased upon meeting a familiar face.

Xvin voiced,

"Wait... Why are you here?!?!"

Kane answered with a huge smile on his face like everything was on plan and that everything wasn't on fire.

"I missed you, bruh! Wachow!"

.

.

.

***

- Present -

THE PYROMANCER XVIN APPEARED.

"I never expected us to reunite this way, Kane."

"Me either. Not in my wildest dreams. But I'm in a pinch. Can you beat that guy's ass for me? He's copying my Topless style."

Eurobos chuckled upon hearing that.

"Me, a copycat? Okay. What about you? Kane? Is that your real Codename? So, were you really here to free them? You both seem acquainted?"

Xvin answered,

"Not really. We did recruit this guy more than a year ago, but he suddenly disappeared."

Kane had to rack his brain to rethink what had happened before.

'Disappeared? Oh, shit! I remember! I died!'

Xvin suddenly extended his hands toward Kane.

"Hey, Kane... can you remove these shackles so that I can use my flames better."

"Oka—"

SHING!

But Eurobos swung a Spirit Claymore toward Kane before Kane could even move his hands.