Chapter 15

In a dark and quiet room, human-sized bats have been roaming around, trying to find where the strange scent was coming from. It was the scent of a human. Suddenly, the bats heard some footsteps.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Kane ran to the center of the room with a torch in hand, prompting all of the bats to chase him, unaware that they were being killed one by one by Xvin's group. However, there was a massive bat that was chasing and screeching behind Kane. It was a Boss.

Kane spent 15 days climbing the Tower with the help of Xvin and his guild. With the plan of Kane being a bait, they quickly reached the 40th Floor.

Bloodhound Bat Lvl 40

HP: [?/?]

The Bat has been screeching devastating sound throughout the Room. Fortunately, Xvin placed enhancements on everyone that protected them from getting damaged from the screams.

Kane turned around and aimed his gun at the giant Bat's eye. Because of his ridiculous movement speed, he had at least 3 seconds until the Bat will reach him.

BAM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

That Bat was going back and forth as it didn't know who to attack. It couldn't decide if it would attack Kane, who was right in front of it, shooting its eyes, or attack Xvin's group as they were bombarding its back.

The squad did this tactic over and over again throughout the rooms. Kane would get their attention while Xvin and his team would attack them from behind.

Suddenly, Xvin flew up in the sky and faced the shrieking Bat.

[Inferno.]

KABOOM!

The room was ignited in flames. Thankfully, Kane and the others were all protected from friendly damage thanks to Xvin's Pyrokinetic abilities. A notification appeared everyone's window except for Kane.

[You killed The Bloodhound Bat LVL 40]

All of the other members were glad that they managed to climb from floor 31 to floor 40 without any more casualties, thanks to Kane and Xvin's efforts.

Xvin and Kane approached each other to trade. Kane took the time to ask.

"You said then there were bosses in this Tower every 10 floors? Then the next one was the 50th?"

"Since it was the end, there were two bosses. There was one on the 49th Floor, and there was another one on the 50th floor to acquire your jobs. You don't need to fight the Boss on the 50th floor if you don't want to get a job or a job change."

[Trade Completed.]

Since Kane was already tired and they already reached the 40th floor, he wanted to pause for a while.

"I'll logging out."

But Ryore grabbed his shoulders.

"Hey, newbie. Why don't we have a match?"

"Uhhh, why should I do that?"

"If you managed to hit me at least ten times before you ran out of HP, then I'll give you 1000 Gold right now! What do you say?"

"What do you need to bet?"

"Nothing. It just hurt my pride that I managed to let a rat slip on my watch."