Chapter 23

Axel has been waiting for almost hundreds of years for a certain chosen one to climb his ridiculous Tower. He spent hundreds of years watching people give up while trying to reach the top because of uncertainty until Kaiser came.

A Paragon suddenly appeared and cleared all of Axel's rooms with ease. He managed to climb up to the 1003rd floor in just a few hours. Axel welcomed him with his casual speech. However, the Paragon was never interested and easily decapitated the level 100 master of the Axel Tower.

That man was Kaiser. The first Paladin of Arcadia and one of the first people received a class above the Rare quality. He was Kaiser. The same Knight that fought alongside Kane in their battle against Nethalion.

"What? That guy was Kaiser?!"

"Yes. I never met him again after that day. And who would've thought that I'd meet him again in the memories of the next person who climbed this Tower after him?"

"W-what the? That kind of coincidence is amazing."

Kane tried to stand up, but his character was still fractured. But he was surprised as Axel stood up like he wasn't defeated a few minutes ago. His hand also managed to regenerate. Axel walked toward his golden Golem and snapped his hand.

GRRRRRRR!

The Golem morphed itself back to its original form. Axel faced the royal chair at Kane before sitting on it.

"You said you'll give me a reward that I always wanted!"

"Yes. Why don't you guess what it would be."

"If I'm gonna look into the different rarities, then I deserved a Cosmic rarity Class! Some kind of Dragonslayer or a Dragon itself!"

"I'm sorry about that. But I don't have any control regarding Mythical and Cosmic rarities."

"W-what the? What a bummer. You said you'll give me what I want, but you don't have those things at all!"

"Let me tell you a story about my brothers and me."

The Mavencrowns.

Before their death, each of the five brothers left a copy of their consciousness to guard the Tower. Their main purpose was to watch and bestow a worthy being that managed to climb the Tower most spectacularly. The rewards were all Epic Classes.

When Jonas' father climbed the Valian Tower and met Kaiser, Kaiser defeated Valian and received the Paladin Secret Class under the Epic Rarity. However, because of his discovery, many people also climbed the Tower. They acquired the Secret Classes in the other Towers except for Axel's Tower.

But that was where things started to get weird when Kaiser met Axel almost a decade later.

Axel explained that he and his brothers were supposed to give only one Epic Secret Class to the first player they thought worthy of that prize. However, Kaiser informed him that the Towers were giving people Secret Classes to anyone who managed to break the current high scorer's record.

Because of that, the so-called Secret Class was not really Secret Class as you only needed to break the high score to gain that Secret Class. The Paladin Class that should be rare was no longer rare as many people became Paladins. Since those things happened, Kaiser already had a different class when he met Axel because he felt that his Paladin Class was no longer special after all.

But what made it weirder was that the other Paladin Classes were under the rarity of Mythical. Since Axel's spirit was just stuck on the Tower and he was only relying on the memories of the people who climbed his Tower as a source of info, Axel was astonished upon hearing about the Mythical and Cosmic rarities. Those two rarities never existed before that Axel's brothers couldn't bestow Classes in those rarities.