Chapter 8

Victorias Pov:

When I open the door to my room the first thing that I heard was Connor sighing.

"Vicki, what did you do?" He asks as Avery and I sit Oliver down on Averys bed.

"Don't be mad at her, she just protected me." Avery tells him which makes him raise an eyebrow.

"Kai." Was all I said and his eyes widen.

"That asshole!" He gasps and I nod.

"Yeah.." I mumble before taking off my shirt because there's blood on it.

"Victoria." Avery calls me, making me look at her.

"Sit." She says while pointing at my bed and I frown.

"What? No, I'll just wash my face in the bat-"

"Victoria, sit." She demands and I sigh before sitting down on my bed.

"You take care of Oliver." Avery says to Connor before walking into the bathroom.

Connor looks at me annoyed, making me laugh. "Can you please tell your girl that she shouldn't be so bossy?" He asks and Oliver laughs.

"Not my girl.." I mumble.

After like a minute, Avery comes back with some wet towels. She hands some to Connor and then walks over to me and sits down next to me on the bed. She grabs my chin and lifts my head so she can look at my bruised lip.

"This might sting a little." She warns me before carefully putting the towel against my lip.

"What you did was really brave and cute but I don't want you to get hurt because of me." Avery mutters while treating my lip.

"I'm okay, don't worry. It also felt really good to hit that asshole. I wanted to do that for such a long time." I say and she chuckles softly.

"The better question is, are you okay?" I ask and she stops and looks down.

"Yeah..I'm fine. He couldn't really do anything, thanks to you." Avery answers and I place my hand on her shoulder.

"You sure you're okay?" I ask and she looks up with a smile.

"Yeah."

"Does someone actually care about me?" She teases and I roll my eyes.

"Of course I care, Idiot." I say while playfully punching her arm, making her chuckle.

We then just stare at each other for a while until Connor clears his throat, which makes us turn to him.

"Hey um..I'm bringing Oliver to his dorm." He says and we nod.

"Bye guys." Oliver mumbles and then walks out of our dorm with Connor.

I look back at Avery who's yawning in the exact moment I turn around.

"You tired?" I ask softly and she hums in response.

"Are you going to sleep too?" She asks and I shrug.

"I'll read a little but then probably too, yeah." I answer and she nods while rubbing her eyes.

We then both get up and get ready for bed.

*****

One hour is over and Avery has been asleep for a while now. I tried to fall asleep but somehow I jusy can't. I was about to turn off my lights when Avery suddenly whimpers in her sleep. I sit up and look at her curiously.

Is she having a bad dream?

Her whimpers start to get more and louder, nearly sounding like she's crying in pain. So I quickly get up and walk over to her.

"Avery." I whisper softly while shaking her gently.

She then jumps up while breathing heavily and tears in her eyes. She turns to me and I nearly gasp when I see her face. She looks so scared and anxious.

"Shh, I'm here." I whisper and carefully pull her into a hug.

I've never hugged her first but this actually feels..nice..

"It's okay, you're safe." I say softly and patt her back.

"You had a bad dream?" I ask and she nods slowly, trying to catch her breath.

"You wanna talk about it?" I ask but she shakes her head while burying her face in my neck.

"That's okay, you don't have to." I tell her and she takes a deep, shaky breath.

We stayed like this for a while until she pulls away to wipe her tears.

"You didn't sleep?" She asks, with a shaky voice.

I shake my head. "No, couldn't sleep." I answer.

"Hey.." I place my hand on her thigh which makes her wince so I immediately pull my hand away.

"W-Was your dream about Kai?" I asks softly and she looks up to me before tearing up again.

"Oh my.." I instantly wrap my arms around her again. "I'm so sorry."

I'm so definitely going to kill him

"I'm going to pick you up, okay?" I tell her and she nods.

I carefully put my hands under her butt and lift her up on my lap. I stand up while picking her up and then walk over to my bed.

"Victoria?" Avery calls me as I lay her down and I hum in response.

"Why are you naked?" She asks all confused which makes me chuckle.

"I'm in my underwear, not naked, dummy. I sleep like that. I hope that's okay." I respond and she just nods slowly.

I then climb over her so that I'm laying on the inside of the bed. I put the duvet over us and make sure that she has enough.

"I just started reading a book, how about I read it to you until you're asleep?" I suggest and she just nods while cuddling into my side, making me blush slightly.

"Thank you, Vic." Avery mumbles tiredly and I smile.

I think trying to be friends with her was the best decision I've ever made..