Chapter 13

Victorias Pov:

Without thinking I storm over to them. I hear Connor call after me but I ignore him. I can see Avery trying to push her away but she's too weak, which makes me just more angry. I bet Maya planned to do this in front of my family so they immediately think Avery's in a relationship with a girl and don't want to meet her. And I know she does this to make me angry, which for her luck, is working.

So as soon as I approach them I grab Maya by the back of her jacket and pull her away from my Avery.

"Do that ever again and I swear to God, I will punch you so hard in the face you'll regret everything you've ever done!" I yell, which makes her flinch.

"And now I want you to leave. I'm not your friend and you're definitely not mine so shopping things for my birthday is something that doesn't concern you. And don't say that isn't true because I know you just came with us because you couldn't stand the fact that Avery and I might be something more than friends." I tell her and she just growls at me before walking off.

I then quickly turn to Avery. "Are you okay?" I ask sternly and she nods.

"Yeah, she just squeezed my cheeks pretty hard." She mumbles and I place my hands on her cheeks before softly caressing them.

After a few seconds my eyes widen and I quickly pull away, making Avery frown. "My family is probably watching us." I tell her and her eyes widen as well.

"Oh shit! Did she see what Maya did as well?" She asks shocked and I nod with a sigh.

"You still wanna meet them?"

"I do. I can just simply explain them the situation, they'll understand." Avery replies and I smile.

"Okay..then let's go." I say and Avery, Oliver and I walk over to them.

"Um..so..this are Avery and Oliver." I introduce them to my family.

"So..what was with that girl?" My dad asks while looking at Avery.

"Yeah..you didn't look very comfortable." Jada adds with a sad smile.

"It was because she's a girl, right?" Dad asks, making me sigh.

"Yeah, I was uncomfortable but it wasn't because she's a girl. I just don't like her that way and kissing her feels wrong because there's someone else I like..and I don't want to kiss anyone else but them." Avery answers, which makes me bite my lip to stop myself from smiling.

"Okay, good." My dad mutters, which makes roll my eyes.

Averys phone then just suddenly start to ring and she gave us a apologizing smile before walking a few meters away from us. So while Avery was on the phone my parents talk with Connor and Oliver while I just stood there watching Avery. And well..she doesn't look happy.

After a few minutes Avery walks back to us and sighs. "What's wrong?" I ask softly and she buries her face in my upper arm.

"My dad just called and said he doesn't have time for me at Thanksgiving and that I should just stay in college." She answers with a sad shrug.

I wish I could just kiss her or hug her so tightly, she'll feel better immediately but I can't because of my parents.

I look over to my mom, who's already smiling at me. "If you want you can spend Thanksgiving with us?" She suggests, making Avery look up to her.

"I know it might be a little awkward because the whole family is coming and you don't know any of them but you wouldn't be alone then. And you could spend Thanksgiving with your friend." Mom continues and then smiles at me, which I return.

"Wow, really? You don't have to do that. I don't want t-"

"Aves, shut up. If my mom says it's okay then it's okay." I cut her off, which makes the others laugh.

"Okay, okay. Thank you." Avery says to my mom and she smiles at her.

"It seems like you're a really nice girl and since my daughter has a nickname for you you must be pretty special. So..you're welcome." Mom responds.

"So..to officially introduce myself, I'm Cara and this is my husband Miche." She says and then shakes hands with  Avery and so does das.

"And I'm Jada, the cooler sibling." Jada says, making us laugh.

"Oh you shut up!" I tell her and she playfully punches my arm.

"Yeah you definitely look like the cooler sibling." Avery says, making Jada grin and me gasp.

"Hey, I thought you'd be on my side!" J exclaim and they laugh.

"Oh I like her already." Jada says, on which Avery smiles.

"You know I'm only joking, right?" She says before leaning up and kissing my cheek.

I look down while biting my lip to stop myself from smiling like an idiot. But when I remember that my family probably saw that I quickly look back up. I look around but it didn't seem like anyone cared or was bothered. Dad looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a curious look but didn't say anything.

We then continue to chat a little until we had to go back to the college.