Chapter 39

Victorias Pov:

We just finished eating and we all were just about to leave when Emilia walked towards me. But to our surprise, she wasn't alone. She was with..Jack.

"What are you doing here?" Avery asks as they approach us.

"Well I met this lovely lady and now we just wanna have dinner." Jack answers with his evil grin.

"Good for you now let us leave." I say while taking Averys hand and walking past them.

"Oh Avery." We turn back around to look at Jake.

"I've heard we're going to the same college now." He says, making our eyes widen.

"W-What do you mean? College started months ago." Avery stutters shocked but he just laughs.

Creep..

"Well I couldn't go yet but now I will. So I guess we'll see each other after the holidays." Jack says before walking away with Emilia.

"Are you serious.." I mumble to myself with a sigh.

"What are we going to do?" Avery asks nervously so I quickly wrap my arm around her.

"Everything will be okay, I'll protect you." I whisper softly and she quickly wraps her arms around me too.

"We'll find a solution, okay?" I tell her and she nods.

"Can we go home?" Avery asks her mom as she pulls away and she nods.

"Yeah, let's go, honey." She replies while taking her hand and walking to the car with her.

Can this day get any worse?

*****

We're now back at Matthews place and Avery is just laying on the couch with her head on my lap. I softly brush through her hair and she has her eyes closed.

"So..there's actually something we'd like to talk to you." Matthew says as he and Bea walk over to us.

Avery slowly sits up and looks at her brother with a raised eyebrow.

"We decided on a date for our wedding." He says and Averys mom claps cheerfully.

"Which is Saturday in a month. And I hope you all can come." He adds with a small smile.

"Of course we'll come, idiot!" Avery says with wide smile, making him smile even more.

"And I'd be very happy if you could come too, Victoria. Also since I'm going to be your brother in law." Matthew winks at me, which makes us both blush.

"Matthew, we're not there yet." Avery mumbles embarrassed but be just chuckles.

"Yet." He says with a grin, on which she groans.

"So..you gonna be there?" He asks as he look back at me.

"Of course. I mean..can't miss my brother in law's wedding, right?" I answer with a smirk, making him chuckle.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Matthew cheers and I laugh at that while Avery just rolls her eyes.

"Why did no one stop me from letting you two meeting each other! You too are idiots and now you're even worse!" She whines while leaning her head back, which makes us laugh.

"Aren't you happy that your brother and your girlfriend are best friends?" Matthew asks with a pout.

"Of course I am! But you two are idiots together." She replies with a sigh.

"I think we're both pretty much idiots on our own." He says, making me laugh.

"Also since when are we best friends?" I ask while crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Since I decided to." Matthew responds, which makes us laugh.

"Well okay."

"Looks like you're going to meet the rest of my family." Avery says while turning to me, which makes my eyes widen.

"Oh my god I'm going to die!" I whine while laying back on the couch, making her laugh.

"Hey, I met yours too! And most of them were scary." She says as gets on top of me.

"But that wasn't my whole family, just my dad's side." I mumble but she just smiles down at me.

"They're going to love you, don't worry." Avery says and then leans down and kisses me softly before getting back off me.

"Is dad coming too?" She asks as she looks over to her brother and he sighs.

"I mean..he's my dad, even after everything he has done.." Matthew mumbles with a small shrug.

"Well..I guess it's your decision since it's your wedding." Avery replies and then gives him a small smile.

"But I don't have to talk to him, right?" She asks with a disgusted face, which makes him laugh.

"No, you don't." He tells her and she sighs in relief.

"I guess you'll meet my dad then.." she says as she looks at me, making me not feel calm at all..

"We don't have to talk to him. And since I'll be avoiding him the whole day the chances that he'll actually talk to us are low." She adds, which makes me chuckle.

"So um..what exactly is happening on weddings? And how do you have to dress? Like- are there rules? I've never been at one." I say and they look at me shocked.

"Never?" Avery asks but I just shakes my head.

"Well I guess you usually just talk with your family and friends, eat food and dance. Also there could be some mini games but were not sure about that. Of course you don't have to participate if you don't want to." Matthew exclaims and I nod slowly.

"Okay, sounds..interesting.."