Chapter 19

Averys Pov:

The rest of Victorias family is soon here and wow, I didn't know I could get any more nervous.

We're currently sitting on the couch in the living room and I have Victorias guitar on my lap and I'm playing a few chords. Victoria is laying next to me and Benji is sleeping in her arm, both enjoying the music. Connor had to go already because his parents called him a few minutes ago.

"You really need to show me those moves." Jada says while mentioning to the guitar. "I've never seen him fall asleep so quickly." She continues, making me chuckle.

"Can you sing for us?" Victoria asks tiredly while laying her head against my shoulder and I smile.

I don't know why but one specific songs popped up in my head. So I start playing and soon singing too..

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
I watch her go with a surge of that well known sadness
And I have to sit down for a while
The feeling that I'm losing her forever
And without really entering her world
I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter
That funny little girl

Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time

I stop playing and look down at Victoria, who's smiling to herself with closed eyes.

"You guys look really cute over there." Jada says, making me smile.

I then catch Victorias dad glaring at me, which makes me look down immediately.

He doesn't like me...does he?

Jadas Pov:

Wow..did all three of them just fall asleep?

"Honey, can you bring Benji upstairs?" I ask and he nods while walking over to them.

He carefully picks him up, out of Victorias arms, on which her arm falls around Avery.

"They'd be a cute couple." I say as I walk into the kitchen to mom and dad.

"Who?" Mom asks curiously, while turning to me.

"Victoria and Avery." I answer and dad chokes on his drink.

Mom then walks towards the living room and peeks over to them. I can see a smile creep on her lips, which makes me smile too.

Victoria really deserves someone like Avery. She's an angel. They both deserve each other.

"They're really adorable." Mom says as she turns back to me.

"I need some fresh air." Dad suddenly says before rushing outside the house.

"Ignore him. You know how he feels about this kind of stuff." Mom says and I sigh.

"So..we're definitely going to couple them up, aren't we?" I say with a grin and she nods with the same smug grin.

"What's our plan?" I ask curiously.

"How about we start slow today? The family is coming soon and you know they think about it the same as your father." Mom responds and I nod.

"Let's sit them together at dinner. Since we're a lot of people we have to sit pretty close." I suggest with a smirk and she nods approved.

"Are we crazy for doing this?" Mom asks and I snort.

"No no, we're just a really super family." I reply proudly and she laughs.

We then both walk back into the living room and watch Victoria and Avery. Avery has now her arms wrapped around Victoria too.

"Gosh, they're so cute." I whisper and mom nods in agreement.

"Honey, I just got a text from Pinar (Victorias grandmother (father side)), they're here in ten minutes." She says and I nod.

"I'll wake them."

"And I'll decorate the table." Mom replies before walking off into the kitchen.

I sigh and then walk over to Victoria and Avery.