Chapter 68

Victorias Pov:

"Girls, seriously." Jaida says with a chuckle when she walks in.

"Get ouuutt!" I whine while throwing a pillow at her but she just laughs.

"Well I'd love to leave you two alone for sexy time but we're grilling now and you two need to come outside for that." She tells us, making me sigh again.

Jada then leaves us alone again and closes the door behind her.

"I don't think we're gonna have much alone time here." Avery mumbles while getting off the bed.

I groan. "I can't wait to get back to our dorm!" She chuckles at that, making me smile.

We then get dressed again and head downstairs and outside to the others.

"Get over here." My Dad calls us with a smile, so we walk over to him.

"Okay kiddo, what do you want?" He asks and I start talking.

"I didn't mean you, dumbass." He suddenly says, making me gasp.

"Eyy!" I exclaim but he and Avery just laugh.

Avery then tells him what she wants to eat and then pats my shoulder.

"Sooo now, what do you want?" Dad asks while turning to me.

"Some potatoes and a steak." I mumble grumpily with crossed arms.

He smiles. "Sure thing, kid."

I then feel a hand in mine, which makes me look at Avery.

"C'mon, let's sit down at the table with the others, you grumpy thing." She says with a smirk, making me snort.

She then helps me over to the table and we sit down.

"I wish it would snow here like it did in New York.." Benji mutters sadly.

Last year for Christmas, he, Jada and Josh went to New York.

"I know, little one." I reply while patting his head.

"Maybe we can all go to New York next year, so we have snow." I suggest, making his eyes light up.

"Mom, can we do that?!" Benji exclaims excitedly, which makes everyone smile.

"Um..we'll have to see, hun." Jada tells him while gently brushing over his head.

"Let's not be sad right now. Tomorrow is Christmas!" I say cheerfully, making the others chuckle.

*****

It's a bit later now and we're all at the table, eating dinner.

"You know..this is pretty perfect." Avery whispers to me, while gently leaning against my shoulder.

I sigh softly. "Yeah, it really is." I mumble, as I give her a small kiss on her head.

"Everyone." My Dad calls, making all the attention turn to him.

"Ian, one of Victorias cousins, called and they're here any minute. Ian is also bringing a friend, if that's okay." He tells us.

"Of course it's okay, dad. It's Christmas!" Jada says with a big smile, which makes him smile as well.

"Are you excited to see your cousins again?" Avery asks, making me look at her.

"Um..yeah, I guess so? But I'm curious who's that friend though." I answer with a small smile and she returns it.

"You excited to see Leroy again? You two got along pretty well on Thanksgiving." I ask and she nods immediately.

"Yeah, he's really great." Avery replies happily, which makes me smile widly.

A few minutes have passed and they should be here by now.

"Heyy!" We hear Leroy exclaim, making us all look at them.

Ian, Leroy, Maria and Zoe are all waking over to us. Next to Ian there's a woman, the friend dad mentioned.

She looks

She looks..nice?

"Hey, everyone. This is Trisha, a friend of mine." Ian introduces her to us and we all give her a nice welcome.

Ian and Trisha instantly go over to my parents while the others come over to me and Avery.

"It's so great to see you two again!" Leroy exclaims happily before pulling us in a big group hug.

But Avery has been very quiet ever since they arrived..

So I step closer to her and wrap my arm around her waist from behind.

"Hey, everything okay?" I ask softly, while nuzzling my face in her neck.

But she just hums quietly.

Okay, something is wrong..

I know it's been long since I've last updated. But I'm trying to upload more now, also since this book is going to end soon.