Chapter 16

Victorias Pov:

| November 25th | Thursday |

Today is Thanksgiving, which means we're all going home today. I've never seen Avery this nervous before, it's cute.

"Oh my god I think I'm going to die!" Avery whines as I park my car in front of my parents house.

It's currently 4.46pm and my whole family is probably arriving around 7pm.

"Babe, you need to calm down. You've already met them." I chuckle, which earned a glare from her.

"But now your whole family is coming and..what if they don't like me?" She worries and I place my hand on her cheek.

"How could they not like you? You're amazing!" I tell her, making her smile widely.

"Don't worry so much, Aves. Also I don't care if they like you or not, I will always chose you over them." I say and she looks down.

"But they're your family." She mumbles and I gently kiss her forehead.

"You're my family too now." I say softly, which makes her look up to me immediately.

"So..you're ready?" I ask with a grin and she groans, making me laugh.

"Everything will be fine." I tell her and we get out of my car, get our suitcases and then walk towards the front door.

"Ready?" I ask but she shakes her head quickly.

"Nope." Avery replies and I just laugh before opening the door.

"We're here!" I yell and my sister literally jumps off the couch and runs towards us.

"Avery, heyy!" Jada says cheerfully while pulling her into a hug, which makes her laugh.

"I'm here too but okay.." I mumble, acting all hurt, making them laugh.

"Hey to you too!" She says before hugging me too.

"So..mom is currently making the food and you know how she is when she's stressed." Jada says and I raise my eyebrows while pressing my lips together.

"Could end deadly." I joke and she chuckles.

"Mija, you're here!" I hear dad say and the next thing I know is that I'm pulled into a big hug.

"Good to see you too, dad." I laugh before he pulls away again.

"And you were..Avery, right?" He says while turning to Avery and she gulps.

"Um..y-yeah." She stutters, making me smile.

She's so cute

Dad was about to say something but the door bell rings. "Oh, I'll get it." I say and then turn around to open the door.

"Wassuuuup!" Connor says cheerfully, which makes us laugh.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you're with your parents?" I ask confused while giving him a short hug.

"Yeah I was but they are all busy with the Thanksgiving stuff that I asked if I could come over." He mumbles and I smile.

"Heyy, little one!" He then turns to Avery and wraps his arms around her.

"Hi, Connor." She chuckles while hugging him back.

I'm really lucky that they like each other. I don't know what would've happen if they wouldn't.

"You two are acting like you haven't seen each other in weeks." I comment and they laugh.

"Hey we didn't see each other today!" Connor defends himself but I just snort.

We then all walk over to the couch and sit down. Dad sits down in his armchair and turns on the TV.

"So..Connor, since when are you and Avery together?" Dad suddenly asks, which makes me choke on my own spit.

I start coughing so Avery patts my back. "You okay?" She asks worried and I nod.

"Um..sorry Miche, but Avery and I are just friends." Connor says and dad frowns.

"But why were you so excited to see each other again?"

"Can't friends be exited to see each other?" I ask while crossing my arms and dad sighs.

"How about you and Avery go upstairs into your room with your stuff?" He suggests and I sigh before standing up and walking to my suitcase. Avery follows me behind.

We both get upstairs and walk into my room. As soon as we enter my room, I let my suitcase go and jump on my bed. I turn on my back and Avery just laughs at me. I was about to close my eyes when I hear Avery lock the door.