Chapter 36

Victorias Pov:

We just got out of my car and now we're on our way to the diner, where we'll meet Averys friends.

As soon as we enter the diner we find Yara, Tina and Sally sit in a booth. They wave us over so we walk over to them.

"Heyy!" They all quickly hug us before sitting down again.

Avery and I sit down across from them and we all order some food before starting to chat. But I didn't really listen because I noticed a guy staring at us or well..Avery. Suddenly he gets up and walks over to us so I cross my arms.

 Suddenly he gets up and walks over to us so I cross my arms

"Hey." Avery looks up to him and her eyes widen immediately.

"Jack?!" She asks shocked but he just grins at her.

"Good to see you too, sweetheart." He answers with a wink.

Sweetheart?

Okay what's going on?

"What do you want here?" Avery asks as she crosses her arms.

"I heard you're here and thought maybe you wanna go out again sometimes?" The guy asks while leaning closer to her, on which I raise my eyebrow.

So I put my hand on his chest and push him away from her. "And who are you?" I ask.

"Oh I'm Jack, Averys boyfriend." He answers, which makes me scoff with wide eyes.

"Perdón?" I ask while raising my eyebrow again.

"Jack, you're not my boyfriend. We broke up four years ago." Avery says but he just snorts at that.

"But you miss me, don't you?" Jack asks and on that she doesn't answer.

"So you do miss him?" I ask as I look at her but she just opens her mouth before closing it again.

"Wow, just wow." I mutter before getting up.

"But I was good enough for sex, huh?" I say and then walk over to the door and leave.

Avery's Pov:

"Oh didn't know you're into that lesbian shit." Jack says with a grin, which makes me roll my eyes.

I have to get after Victoria..

I get up and was about to go after her but Jack stops me.

"So sleeping with that bitch is okay but not with me?" He asks while taking ahold of my wrist.

"There's a difference between wanting to have sex with someone and getting forced to, Jack." I answer with a sigh.

"Look, this with us is over. It has been over a long time ago. I was never in love with you and never will be so now let me leave." I tell him sternly but he just scoffs.

"And you're in love with that chick?" Jack asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Her name is Victoria. And yes, I'm in love with her so now, let me go!" I say angrily before pushing him away and running after Victoria.

I rush out of the diner and quickly look around until I spot her walking away, towards her car.

"Victoria, wait!" I yell before running after her.

"Vic, please!" I quickly grab her arm and spin her around so she looks at me.

I gasp.

She's...crying.

"Victoria, you have to believe me, I don't miss him. I-"

"Then why didn't you answer me when I asked you that?" She asks and I could hear the pain in her voice.

"I-I don't know. I guess I was still too shocked that Jack has suddenly shown up. I don't miss him, I swear. I was never in love with him. I don't even think I liked him. I was young and naiv, I didn't know what I was doing. But now I know what I'm doing, what I want. And what I want is you and no one else. I don't just want to be with you because of sex. I want to be with you because I love you, because you make me happy. Being with you makes me happy. You have to believe me Vic, please." I tell her, tightly holding her onto her hands.

She sighs. "It's just..I never was intimate with someone before and today we..I-I was just so hurt and jealous about what Jack said.." Victoria says so I quickly wrap my arms around her and hug her.

"Don't ever believe what he says, he never tells the truth." I tell her as I pull away to look at her.

"You want to know the reason why I broke up with him?" I ask her, making her eyes widen slightly.

"You don't have to tell me I-"

"I want to." I interrupt her and she looks down before nodding.

"I broke up with him because he wanted me to do things. Things I didn't want to do. And when I didn't do what he want he became aggressive. A lot. He always tried to kiss me but I never let him because..I didn't like it. I hated it. After we were like together for two weeks he tried to..he tried to rape me." I tell her and her eyes widen.

"But thankfully my brother walked in and stopped him. After that I changed schools and never saw him again. Well..until now. I never thought I could be with someone ever again but then I met you. You made me feel safe in the first time in years and I've never felt saver." I continue and she quickly hugs me as soon as I was finished.

"I'm so sorry, Avery. If I knew I-"

"You couldn't have known." I cut her off while hugging her back.

"Hey..how about we go to your brother? We can hang out with your friends another day." She suggests and I slowly nod.