Chapter 69

Averys Pov:

I know Victoria is worried about me right now but I can't tell her what's going on.

Not yet..

I don't want to ruin Christmas for her and the others.

The thing is..I know Trisha

She was one of Jack's toys when he was with me. Immediately it triggered me when I saw her.

So many bad memories..

"I think I'll introduce myself." Victoria says and gives me a soft kiss on the head before going over to Trisha.

Great..

"Avery honey, could you please go inside and get some more plates and some cutlery for them?" Victorias mom asks nicely and I give her a small smile with a nod before leaving to go inside the small house.

After I got the things I went back outside and over to the table to put everything down.

"Thank you, sweetie." Cara says over to me and I give her again a smile in return.

"So I don't think I have introduced myself to you yet." I suddenly hear Trisha say, making me freeze in place.

"I'm Trisha." She says with her stupid voice, which makes me turn around to face her.

When she sees my face a smirk appears on her face.

"Cut that bullshit, Trisha." I reply pisssd off, maybe a little too loud than I actually wanted to.

Because now everyone is watching us.

Great..

"I don't know what you're taking about." She replies dumbly, her smirk getting bigger in every sentence.

I roll my eyes. "Oh fuck off. Just leave me alone." I tell her before storming off and into the house again.

I go upstairs and inside Victorias and my room. As I rush inside I can't stop the tears from streaming down my face. So I quickly lay down on the bed and bury my face in one of the pillows.

Why is this happening now?

Can't I have one day without any drama?

*****

I just lay there for a while until I hear a gentle knock on the door.

"Can I come in?" I hear Victoria softly ask, making me get up and go over to the door.

As I go over I quickly wipe away my tears. I open the door to find Victoria with a worried face.

"I'm okay, just go back downstairs to the others." I mumble before trying to close the door again but she won't let me.

"Please don't shut me out now, Avery. What is going on?" Victoria asks softly, which makes me sigh frustrated.

"It's nothing, don't worry." I mutter while avoiding to even look at her.

But then I suddenly feel her cup my cheeks and lifting my head to look at her.

"Please don't do this now." She begs, making my face soften.

I take a deep breath. "Okay.."

"Okay what?" Victoria asks with a small frown, on which a small smile appears on my face for a split second.

"I'll tell you." I say and her eyes slightly widen in realization.

She then steps inside the room and closes the door behind herself. We go over to our bed and sit down. Victoria scoots a little closer to me, turns her body to face me and then takes my hand.

"You sure you want to know? I don't want to ruin everyone's Christmas.." I mumble but she immediately shakes her head.

"You won't be ruining anything, love. But yes, I want to know. You're really worrying me. And I can see you're not feeling well and I don't like seeing you like this." She tells me while gently brushing my hand.

I smile a little at that and then nod. "Okay."

"I-I don't even know how to start." I stutter nervously but Victoria just wraps her arm around me.

"It's okay if you need a little time. I'm here for you, okay? And I'll never leave." She tells me reassuringly, on which my face softens.

I take a deep breath. "I know Trisha." I breathe out.

"Yeah, it seemed like you know her somehow." Victoria mumbles.

But when she realizes that she said it out loud she smiles sheepishly. Her cheeks even turned a little red.

Okay that's new

I like it

"Sorry, go on." She says and I can't help but chuckle at little.

But my smiles quickly fades and I get serious again.

"I know Trisha was one of Jack's toys."