[39] Promise

Ariana's POV.

"How the hell did I manage to make it through this whole week?" I sighed, placing my hand to my throbbing forehead as I packed all of my things from my final class, Elizabeth by my side as she helped me by grabbing purse.

"Same. We are barely on our fourth week back and I thought I would be used to this by now but school will be the death of me." She sighed, staring down at her feet.

"What will you be doing tonight?" I asked, taking her hand in mine as we walked out of the class and into the busy hallways. I dropped her hand as soon as we were out of the science block and on our way home.

"Nothing much, just watching Netflix all night since it is Friday." She giggled and held tightly onto her books tucked beneath her arm.

"Mind if I join?"

"Nah, Jason will be there though so maybe we can go on a double date or something?"

"Actually," I gulped. "Harry said he wasn't feeling well this morning so I don't think he would want to go. I think he's getting sick."

"That sucks. Tell him we hope he feels better soon."

"Will do." I agreed and continued to walk down the sidewalk, exiting the gates and not really knowing where we were going but I kept on following Elizabeth. "I mean, I could hang with you and Jason tonight. It would be fun, like a family reunion because I haven't seen him since you guys left for your huge trip."

"Oh yeah," She smiled and kicked a small pebble with her black boots as we walked down the sidewalk. "I forgot about that."

"Where did you end up going anyway?"

"New York. It's so cliché but I really wanted to go there, besides, we didn't have much money on us."

"How was it?"

"Incredible. Very expensive, though. I have no idea a pizza box could be that pricey."

"Are you serious?" I laughed. "You were at New York City and you ate pizza? How much pizza do you eat in a week woman!"

"In my defense that was the cheapest thing we could get!" She laughs and lightly nudges me with her elbow.

"Where the hell are we going anyway?"

"I don't even know, let's grab something to eat and we can head back to my place for that movie night." Elizabeth suggest, excitement in her features.

"I'm in." I nodded and interlocked my arm with hers as we continued to walk down the sidewalk and hopefully we'd run into a nearby pizza place.

"Why haven't we gone out in such a long time? The last time we went out and got wasted was on New Years Eve but you weren't even with me and not to mention.." She mumbled the last part but I didn't even have to ask her because I already knew she mentioned the whole situation with Jai.

"How do you know about that?" I asked a little too quickly.

"Mark told us that same night because right after Jai... you know what... he said that Jai was crying and he ran up to Mark and asked where you were-"

A sudden loud ringing from my phone in my pocket silences Elizabeth from speaking any further and I mentally slap myself for not putting my phone on silent earlier. I loudly groan and shove my hand into my pocket, slipping my phone out and swiping my thumb across the screen as I see Harry's name lit up on the screen.

"I have to take this." I whispered to Elizabeth and she politely nodded as she drifted away from me a bit as we kept on walking.

"What Harry?" I snapped, not really feeling like talking to him because I was a bit more interested in what Elizabeth was telling me.