[64] Me

for the last time, the songs for this chapter are:

Photograph - Ed Sheeran

Never say never - The Fray

Au Revoir - OneRepublic

Try - The xx

HNSCC - The 1975

Me - The 1975 (the song that inspired the entire story)

grab some tissues and feeeel.

enjoy!

-

Ariana.

Cold.

The bed felt odd now- cold and empty as I lay in it. My arms felt empty, and I could feel slightly unbalanced as I rolled on my back into nothingness. Even in the darkness, I knew Harry wasn't there. There was no steady breathing resonating through my ears or light snores echoing throughout the room. His chest wasn't pressed into my back, and his arm wasn't draped around me like how he held me every night. My heart thumped loudly in my chest at the loss, and I wished that he was there, filling the void I felt psychically and emotionally.

My body craved his, craved the warmth he provided as he draped over me. Craved the way his arms wrapped around me so securely, and craved the soft tickle of his breath against the back of my neck as he breathed so softly against it. There was nothing that could replace that feeling, tossing and turning couldn't soothe the ache of his body not next to mine.

With a heavy sigh, I lifted myself up on my elbows, my muscles shifting and contracting as they awakened. My body dragged beneath the sheets as I crawled over to the end of the bed where I sat for a few seconds. My feet dangled off the edge, and my elbows dug into my knees as my body hunched over with my chin resting in the palms of my hands. I needed to get out of this bed that no longer felt the same, it was pointless to sleep alone. Dressed in merely his thin cotton tshirt, my feet lead me down to the door where I twisted the knob and stepped out into the hallway.

I was barely able to make it a few steps past the bedroom when I was practically thrown back into the wall, my body harshly colliding with it in a loud thump.

"Jesus!" Harry shouted in fright, his hand over his heart before his eyes shifted towards me.

"What the hell, Harry?" I groaned as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Oh my," Harry gasped. He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me, making sure to cradle the back of my head with his large hand. "Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry, I did not even see you there. Oh my God, Ariana, I'm so sorry-"

"Shh," I shushed him. Although his voice was raspy and delightful to hear, the volume of it made my head pound even harder.

His arms wrapped gently around me as he lifted me off the ground and took us into his bedroom. I was gently placed on the edge of his bed as he stood in between my parted thighs, arms still wrapped securely around me. His fingers gently combed through my hair as he whispered soft words against the shell of my ear, each and every one of his words laced with heavy emotion.