[16] Happiness

"Good morning, baby." I heard Harry's deep, thick voice ring through my ears. I flutter my eyes open to see Harry staring down at me with a wide smile spread on his face, the dark circles under his eyes barely visible but they're still red and puffy from all of the crying from the night before. I place my hand on his cheek, rubbing on his smooth skin with the pad of my thumb.

"How did you sleep?" I ask, feeling drowsy from my lack of sleep.

"Wonderful," he mutters something else under his breath but I don't catch it.

"Me too, your bed is so comfortable." I compliment and he forcefully laughs.

"I know. I wish I could sleep here all day." He lays back on his bed, scooting closer to me and grabbing my hand in his. He starts to play with my fingers, running his thumb over my polished nails, wiggling them around and lacing our fingers together then pulling away.

"What are you doing?" I laugh, keeping my arm draped over his bare stomach.

"Your hands," he says, "they're so small."

"Whatever," I say, curling my fingers into a fist so he won't tease me for my small hands anymore.

I do not remember how I got in his bed last night, I do remember falling asleep on the couch but I guess he carried me to his room without awaking me.

"How are you feeling?" I nervously ask, not wanting him to take it the wrong way.

He rolls his eyes and stand from the bed in only a pair of sweatpants hanging dangerously low on his hips. "I'm okay, Ariana." He says, now shuffling through his closet to find a shirt.

"What does that mean?" I pull the heavy blankets off me and sit on the bed, my feet dangling off the edge.

"Do I really have to explain again?" He slips the shirt over his head and pulls on a navy blue headband to match his plain navy blue t-shirt.

"No," I stand from the bed and as if on cue, he tosses me his shirt he wore last night because I slept in my uncomfortable itchy dress.

I head to the restroom and slip off the dress, neatly folding it and placing it on the sinks counter. The shirt rides to the middle of my thighs and is loose on me so I don't have to worry about getting some extra shorts over my spandex.

"Thanks," I mutter as I meet Harry in the kitchen.

He nods, sliding a mug of coffee over to me. I let it cool down a bit before taking small sips of it. We awkwardly avoid any conversation as we sit on the dining table, exchanging glances to each other from time to time. The memory of last night flashing through my mind from time to time. I do not regret kissing Harry last night but I feel guilty.

"We shouldn't have done that last night," Harry breaks the silence, staring at the wall past me.

"Done what?" I pretend I don't know what he is talking about as I stare down at my coffee.

"Kissed, Ariana. We shouldn't have kissed," his voice is stern.

"Calm down, Harry."

"How can I calm down when you just cheated on your fucking boyfriend and don't even feel guilty about it!!" He raises his voice, finally meeting my eyes.

"It doesn't matter!! Everyone kisses, Harry!" I shout. He is overreacting really, I do know it was wrong but I am too damn stubborn to admit it to him.

"Not like we did," he sighs, running a hand over his face in frustration.

"Well if you regret it so much then it meant nothing, Harry. Like I said, everyone kisses." He winces at my harsh words then slumping back into the chair.