[18] Worry

Ariana's POV

"Come on!!" Harry drags me throughout town, taking me to some place he's been dying to bring me to. Since Jai is no longer in town and I do not have anyone to occupy me, I have been spending most of my time with Harry.

"Where are we going!" I ask for the millionth time tonight.

"Jesus Ari, I said it was a surprise." He notices my hesitation to walk any further so he takes my hand in his cold one, my pace increasing a bit. "Just trust me, okay?" He breathes, puffs of smoke creating in the air from his hot breath.

I stop protesting and walk beside Harry, our pace rushed. I do trust Harry and I know wherever he is taking me, will be incredible. We walk in a comforting silence for about ten more minutes until he stops in his tracks, staring at me with a wide smile.

"We're here." The grin on his face is playful.

"So we walked about three miles just to come to downtown?" I sigh, finding all of this pointless now. "We could've just took a cab."

"We're not finished yet." He takes my hand in his again, dragging me to an alley.

I must have blinked and missed it, but suddenly there was a ladder coming down from the fire escape. Harry stepped back, a huge grin on his face.

"We're going up there?" I gasped, hesitant to climb up there with my usual heels.

"Why not?" Harry shrugged, signaling me to climb first. I bravely placed my hands on the cool railing, hoisting myself on the ladder and slowly began climbing. Harry followed behind, climbing beneath me.

"This is a nice view I got here." Harry said, staring up at my bum basically in front of his face.

"Shut up." I took a deep breath, wiping my sweaty palms against my rough tight jeans, then began climbing again.

"Don't be scared. I'm right behind you if you fall." Harry says as I finally reach the top, meeting a few flights of stairs.

"I did it." I scoff, offended that he thought I was scared.

"Good for you." Harry says and in an instant he is climbing up the stairs. I follow behind him, silently praying that I won't break my heels.

"How many more stairs?" I ask, my breathing heavy as we climb three flights of stairs.

"Just a few more." He huffs. We walk four more flights of stairs and finally, we reach the top of the building where there is no more stairs. With one last huff, he takes a seat on the ledge of the fire escape; his feet dangling off the edge. I follow after him and take a seat beside him, my feet dangling off the edge. "I love to sit here and just look. Look out at the city. Even though I am freezing my ass off I love to sit here." He trails his fingers over the cool metal of the railing preventing us from falling over.

"How many time have you been here?" I ask, staring out into the distance.

"Twice. The first time was an accident, the second time I came with my..." He trails off, biting on the inside of his cheek.

"With who?" I ask, smiling.

"My ex-girlfriend." He look down at his hands. I find it quite silly that Harry did not want to mention his previous relationships with me, we are just friends.

"Oh." I laugh, staring out at the heavy blankets of snow scattered throughout downtown. "You don't have to hide it from me, Harry." I laugh.

"I know." He laughs. I take a moment to stare at him, taking in every little detail of his perfectly structured face. His green eyes, the perfectly heart shape of his lips, his structured jawline, his beautifully flawed skin. He is so handsome, I've never seen someone as handsome as Harry before. "You're staring." His deep voice breaks me from my thoughts.