[5] A Coffee Shop and a Date

sorry for any typos or any spelling mistakes in this chapter, I will fix them later.

-

Harry opens his car for me and I quickly hop in. Slamming the door behind me.

"What?" I snap.

He locks his jaw and stares at me with a blank expression on his face. I tear my eyes away from him and stare at the dark clouds forming in the sky. I feel his eyes on me and I uncomfortably shift in my seat. Isn't he going to say something?

"Well..." I blurt, still not meeting his hard steady gaze.

"What was that back there?" Harry says, pointing back to the cafe we are parked in.

"You can't be-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"Fuck, Ari-" He begins but I cut him off.

"Shut up! Just stop talking," I plead, meeting his eyes.

"Not until you tell me what that was back there."

"Fine. I am angry because you were awfully rude last night and you think being drunk is just an excuse for not remembering anything." I huff, "And don't you dare ask me what am I talking about because I know you remember."

We both stay silent and stare out the window. His brows are pulled together and it looks like he is trying to remember everything that happened last night. A few booms of thunder are heard before it starts to sprinkle, the beautiful scent of rain making its way into the car.

"I-" he says but bites on his lip, holding him back from saying anything else. "Shit," He rubs his large hands over his face and rest his chin in the palm of his hand.

"I didn't know what I was doing," he says, sighing.

"Sure you didn't," I mutter under my breath, "And for your information I can take care of myself just fine."

"I saw him trying to touch you, Ariana. I didn't like that." He admits.

"I hit him before he anything happened, Harry. I understand that you didn't like the sight of it but if I already stopped him why would you drag me out of the place anyway?"

"Jesus, Ariana. Let go of it already! You're lucky I was there to save you." he rolls his eyes.

I dryly laugh in his face, "You didn't 'save me,'" I say using air quotes, "like I said earlier, you dragged me into a room and that's it."

As if on cue, the loudest boom of thunder is heard and seconds later, heavy droplets of rain start beating down on Harrys car.

"Shit," Harry cursed under his breath and started up the car.

"Where are we going?" I say, my hand ghosting over the cars handle, ready to run out.

"We're going back to our apartments, it's really pouring out here." He says, switching the wipers on and blasting the heater throughout the small space of his car.

"Okay." I relax and slouch back in the passenger seat.

-

"Hurry up Ariana, were going to be late." Jason warms from the living room, I check my reflection one last time in the mirror before walking out of the restroom and meeting a very frustrated Jason, pacing back and forth in my living room.

He tugs on the collar of his white button up and the back tie hanging from around his neck. Jason has been bragging for two weeks straight that he was going to surprise Elizabeth all week by asking her to be his girlfriend, which is a big thing knowing that Jason isn't the dating type. I adjust the tie around his neck and he checks his phone one last time before heading towards the door.