[3] Dare

Elizabeth locks her arm with mine, as we walk down the lit up path way.

As we approach the large house Elizabeth stops, "How do I look?"

She wears a short black dress, the bottom reaching to the top of her thighs, her black heels and the black smokey color around her eyes compliment her perfectly.

"Great!"

My hand ghost over the door knob before completely twisting it, revealing dozens of swaying bodies moving back and forth to the heavy beat of the loud music. I walk into the smoke filled house and I suddenly bump into a familiar face.

"Ariana!" Mark says, wrapping his arms around me. I keep my hands to my sides waiting for him to pull away. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

"Of course, these parties get even better each year." Elizabeth yells over the pounding music.

They really do. The parties get more crowded, the people get wilder and the nights get longer.

"Let me get you ladies a drink, yeah?" Mark snakes his arm around my shoulders and I nod in approval.

While Mark serves us some drinks, I shove my way to the restroom. I stare at my reflection in the mirror quite satisfied with the way I did my makeup tonight. My eyes are outlined in a thick line of liner and my lashes are longer than usual today. I run a tube of red lipstick over my lips one last time before heading out of the restroom and to the hideous white couch in the middle of the crowded living room. I hate to admit but, this house is pretty large for a man who lives alone. Mark shared in our first year of college that he only got this place-and I quote- "for the chicks man." which I find quite disgusting. And every year he has these annual parties, celebrating the beginning of a new year. Like he gives a shit. More like he only has these parties to fool girls that he gives a crap about them only to get his way with them, then leaving and pretending like nothing has ever happened. I know all of this information from Elizabeth, and now she despises him.

I sit on the couch waiting for Jai and Jason to arrive. I have been to these parties each year he host them. Its always the same, but every year the news about this insane beach party spreads, bringing loads of people each year.

"Here," Mark shoves a red cup to my chest and I gladly accept it, finishing off the cool alcohol in a large gulp.

Mark takes a seat next to me on the crammed couch and rest his hand on my thigh. Pointless conversation is made throughout Marks group of friends and I find myself falling asleep on this damn couch. My eyes shoot open when I feel his hand ride higher up my thigh and he slightly tugs on my silk dress, the bottom of it rising to the top of my thighs, completely exposing my bare thighs. His fingers slip further up my thigh, and my heart stops when his thumb pressed against me.

I jolt to my feet and in seconds my hand slaps across his cheek. Blood immediately making its way to the surface. "What the hell? Don't fucking touch me."

Mark holds his hand up to his cheek, locking his jaw. I feel a rough hand grip my arm and a familiar face, pulling me to his hard chest. Much to my surprise, Harry holds an angry expression on his face as he leads me out living room, and into the empty bathroom.

"What the fuck was that?" Harry holds a furious expression on his face.

"Let go of me." I shake my arm from his grip and shove him slightly.

"Not until you tell me what that was back there." His grip on my arm tightens. In one swift movement, he backs me up against the wall, his arm on one side of my head.

"Why do you care?" I shout, he is so close to me I can feel his breath fanning against my face and the scent of liquor lingers off his breath. He is drunk. This man probably doesn't even know who I am. He stiffens as I continue, "He almost slid his hand up my dress but I hit him before he could." I say from gritted teeth.