[29] Shock

you all did an amazing job on voting and commenting on the last chapter, please surprise me again with this chapter it would mean the world to me!!

as always, enjoy ;)

-

Before our actions could proceeded further, though, there was a noise. And not the sounds of Harry and I, but something else. Harry must have heard it too because he broke away and turned towards the door of the room. And we both saw him.

Jai.

My breath seemed to be caught in my throat and I felt my heart stop briefly. Harry's breathing was shallow as mine had completely stopped. The realization of Jai catching us kissing finally hit me, regret and pain hitting me in a whiplash. I felt my whole body freeze and my words caught in my throat as I finally met Jai's eyes, pain and anger mixed into them. I knew what was about to come. And I had no way to stop what was about to happen.

"What.... what the fuck, Ariana?" Jai broke out, his word calm as if he is still processing what is happening. His eyes were full of pain and were extremely dark, the bags under his eyes barely visible as the dark in his eyes masked his exhaustion.

"Jai- I, I am-" I spit out, my words being caught in my throat.

"Don't fucking apologize!" Jai shouts, pulling onto his hair as he paces back and forth in the large room. "What, what the fuck was that!" He shouts even louder and I feel myself shrink back into a corner.

"Jai, I-I don't know what to say." my voice is soft and my eyes are completely blown out of their sockets.

"Of course you fucking don't! Did I seriously catch you fucking around with your own fucking neighbor?!" Jai shouts, his voice coming out as a whimper in the end as if he is about to cry.

"I have a fucking name!" Harry barges in at the worst time ever. Jai tears his eyes away from me only to look at Harry in disgust, I feel my stomach churn harshly as Jai takes a few intimidating steps towards Harry.

"Shut the fuck up!" Jai's deep, loud voice is more intimidating than ever, his accent just adding to my fear. "Don't get in it you fucking prick!" Jai shoves Harry's shoulders and Harry stumbles back a bit but regains strength as he walks back over to Jai and shoves him back twice as hard.

My heart is racing, my hands are sweaty, I no longer feel intoxicated, all I feel is the fear of these men fighting and I won't be able to stop them. "Stop!" I shout and stand to my feet, standing in between these two men to prevent them from fighting any further.

Jai stares at Harry square in the eye, and so does Harry. I feel the tension rising so high it feels like I can suffocate. "You fucked her didn't you!" Jai shouts and Harry winces.

"What? Of course I didn't fuck her!" Harry shouts back just as loud. Luckily no body can hear us from the thumping music from downstairs.

"Wow," Jai runs his hands over his face in disbelief. "So, I took a two day flight with no sleep, I ditched my family, I spent nearly all of my damn money on the ride back here just to walk in on you and your neighbor getting it on?"

"Nothing was happening!" I fight back, my voice coming out as a whimper.

"I knew exactly what I was walking into when Mark told me you came upstairs with Harry! One minute I am happily searching for my best friend who I have an unbelievable amount of feelings for, and the next I walk in on her undressing her own damn neighbor!" Jai paces around the room, pulling on the roots of his hair in frustration. "You had me fooled that you had feelings for me this whole time but only if I knew that the second I left, meant that you would be fucking around with your neighbor the whole damn time! Why would you do that to me, Ariana?"