[27] Fear

"What's wrong now?" I mutter as I wrap my jacket tighter around my body as we exit the main lobby, meeting a cold gust of wind once we push open the main entrance doors.

Harry shakes his head and looks down at his feet as he walks, dodging my question. I hate how he can be so closed off sometimes, he should know that I am here to listen to him if he wants to talk. Even if he does not want to talk, I will still be with him if he needs me. We hop into his car and he blast the heater on as soon as he shuts his door. We wait a few minutes for the car to heat up in complete silence, not an awkward silence but a comfortable silence.

"I'm nervous." Harry blurts, his eyes wandering out of the window.

"Why?"

"What if your friends dislike me?" Harry asks, his voice soft. This is what he was worrying about? He should not care what people think about him.

"Is this what made you shift moods? Harry, you should not care what people think, or say, about you." I say and he meets my eyes.

"It's just a question." He shrugs and pulls out of the parking lot and swerves onto the icy roads.

"Well you shouldn't care if they will like you or not. I've known them for years and they don't give a fuck about anyone they meet." I reply. "But to make you feel better, they will like you. They have been dying to meet you and you're a cool guy Harry, they have no reason to dislike you."

"Hopefully." Are the only words that linger in the air for a while. The rest of the ride to Marks house is completely silent besides the robotic talking voice coming from Harry's phone as the navigation app leads us to Mark's house.

"You look really nice tonight." Harry compliments me after a few more minutes of silence.

I feel my cheeks flame and my heart skip a beat at his confession. "So do you,"

"Whatever." Harry laughs.

"White suits you very well!" I laugh along with him and he places his hand over my thigh as we continue driving. "By the way, if you're going to unbutton your shirt that low you might as well just take it off." I add and he burst into laughter.

"By the way, if you're going to wear a shirt that short you might as well take it off." He teases.

"Shut up. You know you like it."

"Whatever." He repeats. "Why are you wearing something like that anyway? It's five fucking degrees out here."

"Why are you wearing like that anyway? It's five fucking degrees out here." I mock him in a deep childish tone and he chuckles deeply.

"Real mature."

"Never claimed to be mature in the first place." I say and cross my arms over my chest. We stay silent for the majority of the time, the only noise to be heard is the gravel crunching beneath the tires, Harry's light humming, and his fingers strumming down on the wheel to a certain beat. I feel his eyes on me when we stop at a stop sign and I uncomfortably shift in the seat.

"I do." He blurts, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"I do like you."

-

A loud shriek is heard as Harry parks his car nearby Mark's house due to all of the other cars taking up the closer parking spaces near the house. Adrenaline and excitement courses through me as Harry and I begin our short walk to Mark's house. I take Harry's wrist in my hand, encouraging him to walk faster to escape the biting wind and to get inside of Mark's house already. I knew I should have worn something more than a cropped top and a short skirt.