[42] Views

VOTE AND COMMENT BEFORE YOU START READING THIS CHAPTER PLEASE THE LAST CHAPTER BARELY GOT ANY COMMENTS :(

ENJOY !!

-

We finally came to a stop. The gravel crunching beneath the tires eventually came to a stop too as Ariana parked at the side of the road.

My hands adjusted the thick straps of the backpack on my back as I held in a deep breath, excited for what we were about to do. I still had absolutely no idea if this was our final destination but by the looks of the mountain nearby, I had an idea that we were nowhere near to where we had to be.

"Oh no," I groaned loudly. "Please don't tell me we're going hiking!"

"You guessed right, Styles." Ariana confirmed, her lips pulling into a smirk.

"Ariana Grande, are you aware that it is 5:30 in the morning and that this is not a very good hiking hour? There could be bears and snakes up there." I nodded toward the top of the highest mountain I assumed we were going to climb to.

"It's winter. I don't think snakes and bears are out at this hour and season." Ariana pulled two water bottles out of the backpack on my back before zipping it up again and tossing one to me.

"Can't we just stay down here? We're already high enough and the sun is almost rising." I groaned, following her to the rocky trail that led us to climb the mountain. My head whirled at the thought of climbing that high.

"Then we better walk fast, we cannot miss that sunrise." Ariana led the way, her hands holding the pack of cigarettes and the two water bottles.

My legs burned with such a sensation as we walked quickly up the steep mountain, Ariana's steps becoming smaller and slower as we continued to walk.

"You tired yet, babe?" I smirked, knowing she wouldn't admit that she was.

"Not even." Ariana breathed, her mouth open as she took in deep breaths.

"Do I have to carry you up the rest of the way?" I teased and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"If anything," She panted. "I am the one who will be carrying you the rest of the way."

I laughed loudly as Ariana passed me a water bottle. I cracked it open before taking large gulps of it, nearly finishing it. I was exhausted of walking already, but I didn't let it show as I kept my steps faster than hers since my legs were a lot longer.

"And won't you look at that," I huffed, stopping my steps as I stared out at the city, the very faint lines of the sun rays peeking out from the sky. "It's almost sunrise."

"Then we better run," Ariana huffed, her breathing shallow and loud as she tried picking up her pace but failed as she completely gave up and signaled me to carry her the rest of the way up.

I laughed to myself as I approached her, my hands gripping her waist as I carried her over my shoulder. She squealed loudly and threw an endless amount of profanities at me as she hung over my shoulder, her bum right beside my face.

"Harry! Put me down!" She squealed, her hands hitting the backpack in anger.

"You said you wanted to make it to see the sunrise, and that is exactly what we are going to do." I gently swatted my hand against her bum and she laughed, finally giving in as she relaxed over my shoulder.

My thighs burned and I could already feel the sweat forming at my forehead but that didn't stop me from walking even quicker to the highest point on the mountain.