[31] Betrayal

3 days later.

Harry's POV.

A clink was heard as our glass cups came in contact with a slight clink. I smiled and pressed the rim of the glass to my lips before tilting my head back and letting the cool wine run down my throat.

My chest seemed to tighten and my heart seemed to stop as I stared at the beauty sitting across from me. She set down the glass of wine and made a sour face as she gulped down the rest of the bubbly substance. She is so damn cute.

"I shouldn't have chugged that." She pressed two fingers over her lips as she let the alcohol course through her.

"I warned you already!"

"You didn't say shit to me." She snapped, the harshness in her tone masked by the beautiful smile spread across her soft features.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and realized that I could not stop the smile from creeping it's way to my face just by the way she makes me feel.

She stared at me, and I stared back at her, both of us in some sort of trance as we just lost ourselves into each other's eyes. Her small hand was placed over mine across the white clothed table and her thumb gently ran over the beautifully inked cross on the meeting of my thumb and pointer finger.

"We should have invited Niall or something." Ariana said, breaking the silence and breaking me from the current trance I was in.

"What, why?" I asked.

"Because I haven't seen him in a while." Ariana shrugged and sighed, probably thinking back on Christmas Day.

"So?" I snapped, my tone coming out harsher than I intended it to. Jealously crept it's way to me at the thought of her missing anyone but me. Although I should not feel this jealous, I am. It's just Niall, I am simply overreacting.

"He's my friend, Harry." Her voice was smooth and the feeling of her thumb running over the skin on the back of my hand slightly smoothed me.

"Oh."

"You're jealous, huh?" She teased, a smile already making its way to my face.

"Never."

"Admit it, Harold. You're jealous because I miss Niall, your best friend." She pushed me further and I only let out a gasp of a laugh. Obviously offended for accusing me for such a thing. I am not jealous... okay maybe a little, but she doesn't have to make me say it.

"Stop." I ran my hands over my face and laughed to myself. Our blissful moment of happiness was cut short, though, as the male waiter approached us with two menus tucked beneath his arm and a small notepad in his other hand, his finger rapidly clicking the end of the pen as he looked down at us.

My breathing stopped for a moment, and I blinked multiple of times to clear my vision. No. Fucking. Way. Ariana seemed to recognize him too as she shot up from her seat and squealed in excitement, earning a few glances from the middle aged couples around us.

"Liam!" Ariana squealed, wrapping her arms around Liam's neck before he could even recognize who we were. Liam was taken back at first but quickly wrapped his arms around Ariana's back and smiled widely as he finally recognized us both.

"Ariana! Harry! No fucking way!!" Liam shouted, his expression filled with joy and excitement. Liam reached out to me and I stood from the cushioned chair to wrap one of my arms around Liam's torso and the other around Ariana's waist as we were pulled into a group hug.

Seconds later we were sat in our seats again with wide smiles spread across our faces.

"What are you guys doing here!" Liam's face is full of disbelief and complete happiness which made a familiar warmth return to chest.