[28] Tantalize

I am dragged upstairs, my feet stumbling over one another as I quickly climb up the stairs. Harry's grip on my wrist never loosening. We dodge past most couples making out in the halls and a line of people waiting to use the restroom. They stare at us mysteriously as Harry opens a random door and pushes me in, not caring if everyone saw us. The lights flicker on and I take a moment to look around the room.

There is a large bed placed in the corner of the room, a dresser on the opposite side of the room and a large closet beside the dresser.

"How can you not expect me to give a fuck about what those assholes say about me when they're right in front of my fucking face!" Harry snaps me back into reality and I turn around to face him, his jaw is locked and his nostrils are flared. "It's a lot harder than you think, Ariana!"

"You didn't need to be that rude to Mark!"

"He was being a dick to me!" He fires back.

"He didn't even speak to you!"

"He made fun of me!"

"And why do you care? I thought you didn't care about anything, Harry." I huff, lowering my voice and crossing my arms over my chest.

"I care about something's..." Harry says, taking three steps closer to me as I take three steps back.

"Like what?" A small grin is played on my face and I can tell the tension between us is dissolving and we are no longer angry at each other.

"I care about, my dog, my mum, my job, my education..." Harry mumbles, a smile spreading across his face as he brings both of his hands to either side of my face. I keep on walking back until my feet hit the bed and we fall back, Harry's body on top of mine.

"You don't even have a dog!!" I laugh and mimic his actions by placing a hand on his cheek and outlining the heart shape of his soft lips.

"I know. But you didn't let me finish." Harry bites back a smile.

"Okay, what else do you care about?"

"I care about my apartment, my family, my friends..." Harry inches his face closer to mine, his lips brush past mine but I pull back; wanting to get a reaction out of him. "and most importantly.... you." He leans into me again but I place my finger over his lips.

"So romantic, Harold." I tease, poking the dimple carved into his cheek.

"Ariana?" Harry clears his throat and finally supports most of his weight with his elbows parted on either side of my head.

"Yes?"

"Please kiss me."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because...." I trail off, staring past him.

"Are you considering on kissing me when the clock strikes 12?" Harry asks, a smirk played on his lips.

"Only if I am in the mood to kiss you, Harry."

"You're always in the mood to kiss me."

"I know." I say. I know it's true though; I can't get enough of him.

"Then why don't you?"

"Because friends don't kiss as much as we do."

"That's bullshit. Why aren't you mine already... we could do so many things, have no worries.."

"We both know that's not how things work between us."

"What, why?" He begins to climb off of me and I let him. I sit up and cross my legs beneath me as he crawls over to the corner of the bed and sits, his legs stretched out in front of him.