[11] Denial

I am awoken by sunlight peering through thick black curtains, hitting my eyes.

Warm.

Warm was the first thing I felt when I was slowly pulled from sleep. The second thing I noticed was the soft tickle on the skin of my neck, the pattern was slow and even thanks to his current state. Harry was pressed against me, our chest touching and his head resting on the top of mine. We both lay on our sides, facing each other, and I suddenly became aware of his arms cradled around me, mine resting around his waist and the other on his chest.

My head was resting on his bicep while his arm curled upward, falling over my neck to cradle me while the other was slung easily around my waist. His eyes were fluttered closed, light snores escaping his parted lips. His eyebrows are no longer pulled together, for once he looked relaxed. His hair sprawled out against his white pillow, not being pulled back by his stupid headband.

I could hear the dull beat of his heart in his chest and the heat of his body against mine; for a moment, I let myself think we could stay like this all day- warm, lazy, with no responsibilities, but I quickly remembered the reason why I am here.

Sunlight barely started peaking through the room and I knew we would have to get up soon. A tiny part of me wanted to crawl out of bed and spend the rest of my day sleeping in my apartment but most of me wants to stay bundled into Harry's warmth. I noticed a slight shift in his breathing, his muscles tensing a bit signaling he was awakening before he remembered where he was and falling back to sleep.

Without a word, I felt Harrys arms tighten around me. My heart skipping a beat when he tangles our legs together.

It was so strange to see that even the smallest things that he did have such an effect on me. I was drawn to him besides my resistance and reluctance, I was growing tired of fighting it. What was the point? If it felt good to hold each other like this, why couldn't I let myself hold him without having an inner battle with myself?

I begin to wiggle out of Harry's grip and he stirs a bit, reaching out beside him to check if I was there and once he realizes that I am not, his eyes shoot open. He groans when he watches me walk out of his room, and into the restroom.

I walk back into Harrys bedroom feeling quite hungover and ill from last night. Harry is now fully awake, raking a hand through his hair, pulling it back with his usual navy blue bandana.

"Good Morning," Harry greets, not meeting my gaze. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah, thank you for letting me crash here for the night." I awkwardly stand by the door.

"Do you need some pain killers? You must be real hungover." Harry asks, walking towards me.

"Yes. My head is killing me." I place my hand on my throbbing head and sigh. Harry walks out of the room and seconds later he walks back into his room with a small bottle of pain killers in his hand. He places the bottle in my hand and tosses me a water bottle. I swallow the pills and hand the small bottle back to Harry who cannot keep his eyes off me. "Thanks, I think I should go now, don't you have to work tonight?" I turn on my heel and before I walk into the restroom, Harry wraps his hand around my wrist, pulling me to his chest.

"I don't work until seven tonight. We have plenty of time to eat breakfast." Harry says, his face mere inches away from mine. He takes his bottom lip between his teeth and stares at me, like if he is studying every detail of my face.

Harry's POV.

The familiar smell of bacon makes its way to my nose as I exit the restroom from my steaming fucking shower. Ariana offered to make us breakfast while I was in the shower, and hell, I was perfectly fine with that.