[22] Hoping and Care

this is the continuation of Christmas Eve so it's basically Christmas Eve part two?? this is not another day, I repeat, this is still Christmas Eve lol enjoy :)) and warning I started sobbing while writing the beginning of this chapter I do not recommend listening to painful Ed Sheeran music it will crush and hurt your soul so bad.

-

Harry huffs as he turns back on his heel, he quickly begins to climb the stairs and I follow behind him.

"Harry!" I shout, catching my breath as I reach the end to one staircase but Harry keeps on going. I watch him as he takes quick, long steps up the stairs, skipping a stair with each of his steps. I heavily sigh and begin to climb up the stairs again, taking in deep breathes from time to time to catch my breath. "Hold on!!"

Harry shoots a quick glance at me but finally stops climbing up any stairs, instead he walks into our floors staircase entrance. I chase after him, walking through the doors and speed walking to him. It takes him a few seconds to open his apartment door and once he does he walks in, leaving it open for me.

"Harry..." my voice is quiet as I walk into Harry's apartment. When I walk in he is not in the living room so I check his bedroom. I take slow steps to Harry's bedroom and once I walk in I see Harry standing in the middle of the room with his face faced my direction.

"Stop wasting your time on me, Ariana." Harry says when he hears my footsteps behind him.

"Why can't you see that I don't think you're a waste of my time?"

"You just don't stop, Ariana. Why don't you do us both the favor and leave?" He spits, slowly facing towards me. His words hit me in a whiplash, there is no way he means these words. Harry is just upset, he would never mean these words to hurt me.

"Do you mean that?" My voice is shaky, absolutely defeated.

"Yes, I do." His expression is hard, he has wiped the traces of dry tears off his face and he looks different, he does not look like himself when he is upset.

"You don't mean that, Harry."

"You don't know that..."

"But I do. I know the real you would never say that to me, Harry. I know you cannot live without me like I cannot live without you! I know you would never hurt me, psychically at least. I know you fucking trust me a lot more than you trust most people and I know this," I wave my hands in the air like a maniac, "is not the real you, Harry!"

"You're infuriating." Harry rolls his eyes, a small smirk played on his lips.

"I'm infuriating?" I gasp, somewhat offended. "You're infuriating, Harry. You switch moods so fast I cannot keep up with you-"

Harry cuts me off by presses two fingers over my lips to shut me up. "See, you won't ever shut up." Harry smiles, he takes my hands in his and swings our arms back and forth together. I have no idea how he can change moods in an instant.

"You're annoying." I bite back a smile as he leans in just a bit closer to me. He grips my hips and in one swift movement he carries me over his shoulder, a shriek escaping my lips as everything suddenly turns upside down. "Harry!! Let me fucking down-" I am cut off by our mixed laughter as Harry throws me back onto his bed. The butterflies bursting in my stomach as he hovers over me, his arms spread on either side of my head.

"You make me so fucking happy, Ariana." I hear Harry whisper into the crook of my neck, the sound of his voice so soft and barely audible. My heart swells at his sweet words and I know I am here to keep him happy for as long as he needs it. I feel Harry smile against the skin of my neck and I tangle my fingers into his hair, slightly pulling on the roots to bring his head back up to mine.