[1] Cigarettes and an Elevator

Puffs of smoke blocks the eye from peering down the front of the alleyway where the musky air filled. The only source of light is coming from the lit cigarette Jai, a good friend of mine that has stuck onto me since high school, has lit in between his lips. My fingers graze over the cool metal lighter in the palm of my hand, lighting the dry cigarette perched in between my lips creating a cloud of smoke around me. I could hear the heavy crunching of my boots on the ground as I walked down the dark alley with Jai by my side.

Accompanying us, Elizabeth, an attractive close friend of ours who always seemed to hang out with us, and Jason one of the most well known and eldest member of our group. Both of them walking hand in hand, in the back of Jai and I.

"Stop smoking so much." Jai demands.

"Take your own advice." I snap, taking the cigarette out of my mouth and blowing the last puff of smoke in Jai's direction to irritate him even further. He rolls his eyes and I am actually quite satisfied with his annoyed expression.

"Where the hell are we going?" Elizabeth whines.

"Back to my place, duh."

"Why couldn't we just take a cab?"

"What the fun in driving when we can just roam around the empty streets and do whatever the hell we want?"

"She's gotta point." Jason lazily wraps an arm around Elizabeth's waist and gives her a quick peck on the cheek. Elizabeth and Jason have been more than friends for quite a while now. Not exactly in a relationship, but more like friends with benefits. They usually get into fights and don't talk for about few weeks or so, but then they make up and it's the same stupid cycle.

"Before we go back to my place lets make a quick stop to the gas station." I eye Jai suspiciously and Jai nods his head in approval, knowing exactly what we are going to do next.

..

I walk into my apartment, not really caring about the noise the idiots behind me are making. Everyone's probably asleep even though it's only 1am. Jai slumps down on my couch with the bottle of vodka in his hands, I follow right behind him and fall back onto the couch beside him, resting my legs on his lap.

Elizabeth and Jason sit on the opposite couch molded onto each other. The pizza is passed around as well as the drinks, and music is playing in the background. Jai pressed the bottle to his lips before passing the bottle to me, I press the bottle to my lips, smiling, ready for a good night.

-

My mind is in a haze but I still manage to get up from the uncomfortable couch I slept on. An uncomfortable sharp pain strikes at the back of my head and my throat is unbelievably dry.

Jai's head is heavy on my lap and I slightly shake his shoulder, and rake my fingers through his hair to wake him up. He stirs a bit in his sleep before he finally awakes, rubbing his hands over his eyes like a child.

"What time is it?" Jai's voice is thick, laced with sleep.

"I just woke up," I say barely recognizing my voice. My eyes roam around my apartment, searching for Jason and Elizabeth. "Where's the other two?"

"They ran off last night when you passed out."

I stand from the couch, kicking off last nights six inch heels and slipped off my leather jacket. My stomach rumbles and I feel the burning bile rise up in my throat, threatening to spill over.

"What did I even eat last night?" I place two fingers over my lips and wait for last nights meal to come spilling out of my mouth.

Jai shrugs his shoulders and runs his hands over his face. My head pounds against my skull and now I am regretting last nights events. I mean, I had a great time but now I am dealing with a hangover and a very bad stomach and headache.