[23] Lights

(btw ari is wearing that ^ for this chapter lol enjoy ((: )

For the next two hours we hang up Christmas lights, make cookies, and Ariana even agreed to show me a Christmas sweater she bought a few days ago along with her favorite pair of holiday reindeer antlers- which she obviously kept on- with a pair of high knee socks.

I throw myself back on Ariana's bed, completely exhausted and it is only seven pm. She comes in with a tray of cookies and her phone in her hand, she throws her phone onto the bed and sits beside me. "Get up. The days not over yet, we have yet to see the lights in downtown." She pats on my thigh and I sit up, grabbing a cookie and eating it in one bite.

"I'm exhausted, baby. We should just take another nap." I say through a mouth full of cookies.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Harold. Hasn't you mom ever taught you manners?" She playfully rolls her eyes and takes a bite of the cookie in her hand. "Anyway, we are going to see the lights, Harry. It's going to be fun."

"Sure, because seeing lights on trees and lights wrapped around poles is fantastic." I say, sarcasm evident in my voice.

"Shut up. Now let's go." She hops off the bed and places the cookies aside. I prop myself up on my elbows to watch her dress into jeans, she shakes her hips and wiggles around in the tight jeans before buttoning them and slipping on a pair of converse.

"Converse?" I ask in shock. The only shoes she ever wears are her usual black or white heels.

"I don't want to slip on ice." She says as she gets on her knees, shuffling through her closet to find something.

"What are you looking for?" I ask as I slip on my brown boots.

"Found them." Ariana says as she rises from the floor with a pair of small antlers. She walks over to the mirror and fixes her hair before sliding on the antlers.

"Antlers?" I laugh.

"They go perfectly with my sweater. Now lets go!" She says and slips on her long black coat that is fairly similar to mine.

-

"Fuck it's cold." I rubbed my hands over my arms but that still did not warm my icy skin.

"I know and this burning coffee isn't helping because I can't even drink it." Ariana shivers as we walk throughout the town, admiring all the lights and Christmas decorations randomly scattered throughout town.

"Good thing it stopped snowing." I swing my arm over Ariana's shoulders and bring her closely to me, letting our bodies warmth warm our icy skin.

"I think I would have gotten hypothermia by now if it weren't for my sweaters." She says, smiling from ear to ear.

"You're so dramatic." I look down at her and smile at the way her nose and cheeks have redden from the biting winter cold. "I don't know how that coffee hasn't turned into ice yet."

"Ha-ha smart ass," She sassily remarks. "Are you hungry?"

"Nah, we ate this morning." I laugh but she only looks up at me with concern in her eyes.

"You're not only supposed to eat once a day, Harry. It isn't good for you." She sighs, breaking eye contact with me.

"I know. I am just not hungry right now, baby." I say and she rest her head on my shoulder. "Are you hungry?"

"Nah, I ate way too many cookies earlier." She laughs but it comes off more of a shiver.

"You're cold, aren't you?"