[26] New Years Eve

Ariana and I ended up finding absolutely nothing at the mall because mostly all of the shelfs were completely empty or everything was just not in our style. So here we are, five days later, frantically searching for the perfect party outfit on New Year's Eve. I pull around a cart full of clothing as Ariana and I search around Macy's and mostly dodge past everything on the racks.

"There's absolutely nothing!" Ariana nervously paces back and forth in the dressing room as she tries on about the fifteenth outfit for tonight.

"I told you we should've shopped earlier but now we're on schedule and we will run out of time and be late to that guys party."

"Do you still want to go?" Ariana asks as she sits beside me on the bench inside the dressing room.

"It doesn't matter, just as long as we have fun tonight before the clock strikes midnight."

"Good. I at least want to get to Marks house before all the drinks are out and we are completely out of luck."

"Me too. I want to have a few drinks with you and attempt to get you drunk before I pass out." I pull her onto my lap and wrap my arms around her waist. "Do your friends even know I am going?"

"Yes. I told Elizabeth and she was so pumped about it she said she is excited to meet my 'hot neighbor'." She uses her fingers as air quotes as she speaks.

"So you do think I am hot!"

"I suppose. Don't you see that you have all the girls undressing you with their own eyes!"

"Are you saying that you visually undress me, Ariana? That is real naughty, your parents wouldn't approve of this." I tease and she burst into laughter.

"Shut up." She shoves my shoulder and I laugh along with her. "It's good that you do not take advantage of your good looks though." Ariana adds.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that a man as attractive as you would normally sleep with every girl he got a chance with because of his looks, but you don't." She runs her thumb over my cheek and stares at my lips.

"So you're saying that I am not sexually active?"

"Here we go again..." She throws her hands up in annoyance and tries to wiggle out of my lap but I wrap my arms around her even tighter.

"Why don't you just tell me who your first was? I told you that I have never had sex." I let her slide off my lap and sit beside me again.

"Because it's none of your business, Harry. And I did not force you to tell me," Her nostrils flare and she locks her jaw.

"You kind of did."

"No I did not!"

"Okay, we will talk about this another day; it is New Years Eve and I do not feel like arguing over something so stupid." I sigh and lean back against the makeshift wall.

"Good." She stands from the bench and shuffles through piles of clothes and finally pulled out a black dress. "Are you going to try anything on for tonight?"

"No, I gave up twenty minutes ago when I couldn't find anything that was my style."

"And what is 'your style'?" She uses her fingers as air quotes as she speaks.

"T-shirts, black jeans, and a few fashionable button ups along with my endless collection of bandannas." I say proudly.

I watch her struggle to zip up the zipper on the back of her dress so I walk over to her and replace her hands with mine. "Let me help."