[6] Deal

It's been nearly three weeks since Harry has slept over at my apartment that one night. I have not seen or heard of him since, which did not really worry me at all. We weren't even friends. Whenever I leave my apartment for class, he is never out. I searched my first class for these past two weeks and he was not appeared a single day. I don't even think he is going to college anymore.

So here I was, finally going back to my apartment after the last day of class. I had the whole weekend to myself so I made quick plans with Jai and Elizabeth to catch up on what happened at Jason and Elizabeth's dinner. I click the elevator button and walk in, pressing my floors button and waiting for the doors to close.

I feel a buzz on my phone and I fish it out of my jeans.

"Hello?" I say into the receiver.

"Hey Ariana!" Jai chirps into the speaker.

"Hi, what's up?" I walk out of the elevator and slowly walk towards my door.

"I can't make it tonight. I have to visit my parents for a while," Jai sighs and I can picture him rolling his eyes, "so it's kind of a big deal because my dad is visiting for a while or some shit."

"Oh, okay. That's fine." I say, switching my phone to my other ear.

"I'll text you, babe." he says.

"Okay." I say before hanging up the phone and stuffing it back into my pocket and digging my keys out of my bag.

As I am turning the lock to my door, I hear the usual deep and raspy voice from behind. "Hey," Harry says and I jump at his sudden voice.

"Hey." I casually say, not showing that I am wondering where he has been for a few weeks.

He has his hands stuffed into his pockets and he is wearing his usual white shirt and brown boots. A dark navy-blue bandana is holding back his long hair and he looks better than usual.

"Uhm," Harry bites the inside of his cheek and rocks back and forth on his heels. "I- I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask, my head cocking to the side.

"For, um, being an asshole a few weeks ago. You did deserve to know what happened the night I crashed at your place." Harry admits.

I nod and clear my throat, "What happened?" I ask. Harry meets my eyes for the first time in three weeks and sighs, adjusting the bandana on his head.

"Can I tell you somewhere... private?" he whispers the last part.

I nod and twist the knob to my apartment, "Come in," Harry walks into my apartment and I shut the door behind me.

I throw my bag into my room before walking into the living room and plopping back down on the couch, on the opposite side of Harry.

"So, you're probably wondering why I came over here like a few weeks and disappeared." Harry nervously bites the inside of his cheek and continues. "Well, I already told you that my mum and I don't get along so she decided to visit me in the worst time so I just got pissed off. She never visits me and I am always her last option, it's just always been like that. She never takes a minute to even buzz me. And when she knocked on my door I had a friend over and we were drinking and having a great time and when I let her in, she started freaking out and scolding me for drinking so fucking much. Niall, my friend that was over at the time, just left while my mum and I were having a screaming match. Since she lives out of this state, I let her stay in my apartment before I blew up on her." he rolls his eyes at the memory. "So, I came here because I didn't feel like getting a hotel and I felt like a big asshole once I left so I missed classes for the next two weeks because I didn't feel good about anything. Besides, I am caught up with my shit now so it doesn't matter."