[15] Emotion

Niall and I rush down three flights of stairs and by the time we get to the parking lot, our breathing is ragged. I was never really much of a runner.

My eyes scan the parking lot but Harry's car is no where to be found. Where could he be? There is a possibility that he is out taking care of some things but this late? On a Friday night? Harry is never really the one to get wasted or hang out in the frat parties like a normal college student would so he can't be out getting wasted and possibly getting laid.

"Fuck!!" Niall shouts. We both lean against a brick wall, shouting out all the possible places Harry could be but they are all quickly denied. He takes out a cigarette from his pocket and a lighter, he places the cigarette between his lips and the lighter comes to life with a click. He lights the cigarette perched in between his lips and takes a long drag at it. His shoulders slump back and he relaxes as he inhales the fumes, slowly letting them out in short breaths. He passes the cigarette to me and almost too quickly, I place it in between my lips and inhale; relaxing my nerves and tense muscles. Puffs of smoke escape my lips as I exhale with a deep sigh. Niall stomps on the burnt cigarette, the light illuminating and the darkness of the night creeps in again. "I think I'm going to drive around town looking for him. You can do whatever you were going to do before I interrupted." Niall pushes himself off the brick wall and I nod. I know Harry will come back, I know nothing bad happened to him.

"Okay, but if you find him you better call me." I warn, walking him to his car.

He hops into the car and it comes to life with a light purr, he rolls down his window. "Ariana, I don't know what is going on with you and Harry but..." He trails off, staring off into the distance.

"But what?" I press.

"But Harry really fucking likes you, Ariana. I don't know what the fuck you guys do but whenever he speaks about you he gets really fucking excited and even I know that he trusts you a lot and I wouldn't do anything to lose his trust." He rakes a hand through his already messy hair and let's out a deep breath.

"Why?"

"Just listen to me, Ariana. I don't know what it is but ever since you came into his life he's been acting really fucking weird and he's been a lot happier than usual, you mean a lot to him and I hope you feel the same way about him because fuck-" He rambles on and the knot in my stomach tightens. "I gotta go, I need to look for my best friend. Hope you have fun on your date." Niall gives me a sarcastic grin and starts to back up. What the hell?

I rush back inside the building and take the elevator up to my floor. Where the hell could Harry be? I am awfully worried and Niall's bitch fit grew my suspicion levels. I decide to push the negative thoughts to the back of my head and continue waiting for Jai's arrival. I walk back into my apartment slightly shaky. I grab the white sweater Harry and I went shopping for and slip it over my dress. It doesn't necessarily go with my outfit but I don't have any other sweater but my leather jacket. I hear a knock on my door and I quickly swing the door open to reveal Jai with a tuxedo and a wide smile suppressed on his handsome features.

"You look beautiful." He compliments, taking my hand in his. I lock the door behind me and take a deep breath, and as selfish as it is I push Harry to the back of my mind as we pass by his door.

"You too." I kiss his cheek and we make our way to the elevator.

-

A sip on my glass of wine set on the cup holder and listen to the idiots surrounding me, laughing away with adrenaline and alcohol laced in their systems.

"You're a fucking idiot." Jason punches Jai's arm as he tells us about the time he tricked a girl into thinking he was gay after he slept with her because he was wasted and the anonymous girl wanted more from Jai.