[32] Trust

please vote and comment on this chapter because i extended it and this chapter is actually really cool :) enjoy x

Ariana's POV.

I searched around for my coat in Harry's car but I could not find it. I checked on the backseats, I checked around me, I checked everywhere but I could just not find my coat. I sighed and realized I left it inside the restaurant.

"What?" Harry asked as he saw me search around his car like a maniac.

"My coat. I think I left it at our table." I unbuckled and leaned over to quickly press my lips to Harry's before hopping out of the car. "I'll be right back." I shut the door and started my walk back to the fancy restaurant.

I pushed open the doors and snuck past the lady who was taking reservations. I walked back to the table Harry and I were just at and saw Liam hunched over the table, collecting all of our plates. I approached him and wrapped my arms around him before he could even see who I was. He was startled at first but relaxed and wrapped his arms around my back as he realized who was pulling him into an embrace.

"You scared me, Ariana." Liam softy laughed, his voice calm and cheery. We pulled away and I could not stop the smile from spreading across my face at the sight of my high school best friend.

"Sorry. I just came back to get my coat." I said and reached across the table to grab my coat sitting on the chair I was previously sitting in.

"Where's Harry?"

"He's in the car." I shrugged and I saw Liam's face fall a bit but was replaced with a grin.

"And he didn't want to say goodbye?" Liam guesses with a light giggle.

"Actually, we got in a little fight and he had to leave quickly. But everything is good now." I assured him as I slipped the coat over my arms and onto my shoulders.

"Good. Make sure to tell him I said goodbye and thanks for the tip." Liam said as he carried two wine bottles in one hand and pulled me into another embrace with his free hand.

"I will." I say into his chest and pull away, waving him goodbye. "Thank you for everything, Liam! See you soon!"

"Bye Ariana!" Liam waved me off as I walked out of the restaurant. I wrapped my coat a little tighter around me as I got hit with a cold gust of wind as I pushed open the doors and exited.

My mind was feeling a bit fuzzy from all of the whine wine I consumed but I could still make my way back to Harry's car safely. I pulled the passengers side, door open and hoped in, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding as I relaxed back into the seat. I buckled up and set my phone and purse onto my lap before running a hand through my hair.

I left all the air being knocked out of my lungs as Harry quickly pulled out of the parking lot and drove onto the busy roads without warning. He swerved through lanes and honked at several cars while pressing his foot against the gas petal with a bit more pressure to increase the speed of the car. I held tightly onto my thigh as we approached a red light and he harshly brakes, my body jerking forward with such heavy impact. I could barely feel my nails sink deeply into the skin of my thigh as we came to a stop, my breathing heavy. I looked over at Harry with my jaw dropped, his eyes were glued to the passing cars in front of us and his face held a hard expression. His nostrils were flared and his jaw was locked, his grip was so tight on the steering wheel his knuckles began turning a faint color of white. What?

"What the hell was that, Harry!" I shouted and held tightly onto my chest to breathe in deeply. He didn't reply though, he kept his eyes glued to the road and I assumed that he was having one of his mood swings. With one last heavy sigh, I rolled my eyes and let him calm down until we get home. He was probably having one of his mood changes or he was feeling upset, so I decided to leave him alone just not to push him further. I mean, I didn't do anything to anger him, so I have nothing to be worried about.