Flower Crowns | Floch x Reader

Prompt- Floch confesses his feeling to Reader

My fingers weaved back and forth, gently braiding and twisting the flowers in my hand to create a circle. The survey corp may look busy on the outside but really when expeditions and training weren't taking place, the soldier had a lot of free time. Like now, sitting on a small hill just outside of headquarters you were positive that life here wasn't as hectic as they said it was.

You finished the crown, gently setting it on a pile of crowns that you were going to give to your friends. You counted your fingers, double checking that you had counted correctly. As you had thought, you were only half way done. This one will be Flochs. You decided. You picked more flowers, choosing the best and most beautiful ones available, and set them in a pile before starting to make the accessory. You had only weaved a couple flowers together before you heard light crunching, the sound of footsteps approaching you. You didn't pay any mind though and continued to work until your eyes were covered with what felt like hands.

"Guess who?" The owner of the hands said.

"Ummm Jean. Just kidding, how are you Floch?"

He chuckled and replied with a small 'good' before sitting down in front of you.

"Whatcha makin?"

"Flower crowns."

"Flower crowns? Why so many?"

"They're for my friends."

Flochs heart had been struck. Hopefully you didn't see him as just a friend, he surely wanted to be more than that with you.

"I don't see the point." He questioned.

"Why not? Life's hectic and these are like mini rainbows after a bad storm. Plus, my friends deserve to know their loved by me."

Floch hummed, the silence remaining him of his reason for coming out to see you. His mind was running with things to say and how to say them. He had come here with a plan but now that it was show time, he froze up.

"Hey um listen... Y/n. I've wanted to talk to you about something. It's just that I don't know how you'll take it."

"Don't worry, i'm not judgey."

"Well you see..." All or nothing he thought. "You see i've had this crush on your for a while and I didn't know how to tell you but I didn't want to wait too long given our profession and plus I couldn't just stand by because I really like you and I want to be with you."

His eyes screwed tightly. He heard you stop your work for a moment before resuming like normal. It was silent for only a moment before you spoke.

"Me too. I didn't want to weird you out though but i'm glad you said something. I'd love to go out with you."

He breathed a sign in relief, your words making him feel so much lighter.

"Although if this is gonna work we'll have to go on a date or two first before we get official."

"Of course, what did you have in mind? I'm sure there are places in to-"

"No silly. Right now. We're braiding flower crowns."

"But I don't know how to?"

"I'll show you, give me a second."

You finished weaving the crown and placed it upon his head.

"What's this?"

"Your crown. A prince needs his crown."

"But i'm not a prince?"

"Your my prince now."

"But you don't have a crown. Shouldn't my princess have a crown?"

"Then you'll have to make one for me. We start by gathering a bunch of pretty flowers and putting them into a pile where we will work."

Floch nodded in understanding as the two of you searched the hill, collecting flowers you deemed good and taking them back by the handful. Once the two of you had chosen and gotten enough flowers, you sat beside him and began to show him how to make the crowns.

At first he was a little confused but after a couple minutes and a few restarts, he got it down, carefully weaving and manipulating the flowers to make the beautiful piece like you had showed him. After a few minutes, he finished, placing it on your head with an amused and satisfied smile.

"There, now your officially my princess."

You smiled back at him, finishing your last crown.

"Okay now we have to deliver these." You spoke.

"We?" He questioned.

"Yes we." You replied.

"But I don't wanna." He whined.

"But I need my strong handsome prince to carry them for me." You pouted.

"Fine." He mumbled, picking all of them up and following behind you, keeping your face out of his sight so he wouldn't see your smirk. You began to skip, happy with your work and it's pay out.

"I'm starting to think you didn't actually need me to carry these."

"Oh? And what would make you think that?" you asked innocently.

"Oh your evil."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Whatever, you still carried it for me."

"What an evil princess."

"Take it back."

"No."

"I'll take your flower crown."

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! Please don't take the crown."

You smirked at him before reassuring him he could keep the crown.

a/n- this is my first floch one so i hope you guys like it

as always i'd appreciate it if you could vote and follow me as well as suggest any requests and comment your thoughts, opinions, or suggestions :)

this scenario was requested by 14141414t so creds to them for the prompt!

if your reading this please make sure you've eaten something and drank water today <3