~56~ Mid-day shower

*Unedited: Proofreading*
Word count: 2572

*Unedited: Proofreading*Word count: 2572

(This is what you're wearing.)

~~~ November 14, 1777 ~~~

°
°
°

I inhale a sharp, shaky breath, my legs carrying me through the halls at a quick, smooth pace.

Having 'escaped' the maids and other people helping with the wedding plans — bombarding questions ranging from color palettes, flowers types, arrangements, the guest list and seating, to possible menu items -

Planning a wedding was not something my mother had fully prepared me for, nevertheless a wedding I was torn on in the first place.

And George, having needed to attend some parliamentary matters, couldn't be there, though he said he'd be back as soon as he could.

I couldn't handle it alone, at least for now - and to couple wedding stress with the known knowledge that I was to meet his family, and his mother in less than seven days made me want to blackout.

Hence my swift, and apologetic exit.

I nod in silent thanks to the guards who opened the doors to the east terrace gardens, my heels clicking on the stone below me and I take notice of the many pairs of eyes watching my less than calm behavior.

I walk over to the ledge by the first set of stairs leading to the garden space, resting my arms on the marble railing as I lean over and hide my head in my arms, taking a slow, steady breath.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want to talk to someone - whether it be Marion, Samuel, or even George - just to get my mind of things, yet I knew that most everyone in the castle was busy - if not for ball preparations, then other jobs, tasks they had been assigned and work that needed their attention.
And I didn't feel like being a bother, so, I took comfort in the quiet, peaceful outside.

Soon a heavy sigh breaks through the soft silence and I lift my head, gazing down across the elegant east terrace and the fountain that laid in the center, surrounded by lush green grass and pathways.

I straighten, tapping the railing with my fingers before I turn and make my way down the stairs rather quickly.
My pace was steady - the fabric of my dress seemingly dancing and I focus more of my attention on the almost rhythmic clicking of my heels rather than the thoughts in my head or the glancing gazes of nearby soldiers.

"Your highness."
One greets, the two of them tipping their hats in my direction and I offer them both a small smile and curt nod as they pass me by - heading towards the castle.

I glance at the fountain as I continue my way down the path, weakly smiling at the crystal clear water before I turn my gaze back to the less than clear sky - the faded blue backdrop being speckled with gray clouds of various hues and puffy shapes.