~27~ Stories to dream Pt.3 Unreal

*Edited: 6-27-2022.*
Word count: 4334

*I really don't want to spoil anything- but, at the same time I don't want anyone to be too confused as to what the heck's going on. Just read to the end, you'll find out what I mean. I haven't lost my mind quite yet, trust me.>~<*

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

It felt warm, the room coated in a peaceful aura that let the soft sunlight shine upon my face - and a gentle breath wanted me to stay, to let the hours tick by on their own and remain in the comfort offered.

A sense barely noticed, barely heard in the serene silence of day break. A simple exhale - warmth that grazed the back of my neck in a greeting that remained unspoken...and my frame shifts - my fingers twitching before my knees pull themselves closer to my chest.

Something lay draped across my waist - a dead weight of slumber that loosely embraced my side.

My eyes crack open - which didn't ease my confusion as my gaze falls upon an unfamiliar room — a room of poise and elegance, and foggy to my memory.

As if a mirror to my prior actions, the bed behind me shifts - leaving my frame to freeze - and the arm across my waist pulls me back just enough to press against the warmth of someone's chest...their arm holding me tighter.

My first response was silence as I kept my gaze glued to the saturated rays of a window I couldn't see out of - frail thoughts leading to an exhaled breath and my hand moves hesitantly towards the arm over my midsection to then gently graze it and smooth material.

A soft sigh was in time with a breath I gathered close - a gentle kiss leading to my tensed, barely noticed flinch, and a smile I felt across my skin and through the shiver running down my spine.

"Good morning~"
His voice was tired - distinct as one person - and the answer made my heart want to stop.

What had I done...

I slowly turn as if watching each movement made, and lay on my back as I exhale, looking up at the male who propped himself up on his left elbow - which was resting by my head - his fingers playing with a few strands of my (h/c) hair and my breathing was restricted.

"Your majesty-" I breathe, my eyes looking up at his with hints of utter worry, my heartbeat wanting to panic.
"Why are we- what...what is going on?"

The male smiles at my soft spoken question, his dark, cocoa brown hair slightly messy with loose, short waves as he traces my cheek with the backs of his fingers.

"Keeping each other warm, my dear. As we have done every night since our wedding." His response reminded me of something you would hear in a romance novel — and with some faint instinct I look up toward the nightstand on my left to see a diamond ring glistening on its surface.

Another held back gasp leaves my lips before I hold my breath, the feeling of his soft lips kissing my neck and I place my hands on the royal's chest.

"Your majesty-" my voice cracks. "when did we get married?" A worried and confused tone was laced in my words, and I turn my gaze back to the entrancing irises that hovered over me.

"My dear, we've been married for almost ten years now." He says sweetly, his expression leaning towards a playfully, yet composed edge.

"Ten years-"

"Ten wonderful and beautiful years." He says happily, and I swallow the lump in my throat.

"But-"