~59~ An evening to remember Pt.2

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 4850

Author's note~

I want to give a few quick words of thanks:

First, to my good friend AnyaMae10, whose been a big help, with helping me rework plot points and story ideas.

To all of you amazing readers, who have been nothing but patient and kind while waiting for new chapters.
And for getting this story to sixty-seven thousand reads?!
I know I've said this before, but I can't begin to describe my gratitude to you all, for sticking with me and enjoying my weird little story enough to want to continue reading it; for all your support, kind words, and funny as all heck comments.

I've had a lot of great moments, have met a lot of amazing people and friends during the course of this book so far, and I can't wait to share more of this story in future chapters to come.

Thank you all so much, and enjoy!<3

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

Her even tone made my feel both confused and uneasy - her eyes watching me closely and I exhale a stiff breath, my expression more timid.

"Well I-"
I stop myself from speaking - saying anything I could, in many ways regret, and instead I lower my head as I pinch my thumb.

I couldn't get myself to say no to her, I had no reason to that wouldn't be deemed selfish and I couldn't exactly tell her of my true reasoning behind being so hesitant on going with her.

"Well?" She questions and I take a step forward, as if I had been pulled by an invisible string - she already had my nerves bending to her every action.

I swallow, praying that for once, Warner, or any one of the soldiers were watching me closely.

"C-coming, your highness." I say finally, watching the thin smile on her face as I walk to her side - while her frame turns back to face the glass doors ahead of us.

Her steps were swift, yet brimming with a calm confidence she had no trouble showing as I followed a little ways behind, my hands clasped by my waist and my eyes watching the marbled floor in front of me - and more so the nervous look of my blurred, upside-down reflection.

I shake my head, lifting it to show some facade of calculated trust as we step closer to the doors, the two guards, who stood tall by each side, bowing to us as we pass - and I couldn't help but shoot one of them a uneased glance, the guard then sharing a look with his fellow comrade.

She continues forward and down the stone stairs on her way to the moonlit pathway of neatly kept gardens, my meek frame following behind her and I lift my dress, descending down the steps as the clicking of our heels was almost rhythmic - something that seemed as if it would've been calming yet didn't seem to help.

The moonlight shone down with the upmost grace, painting the garden in a soft, blueish-white tone that sat in a subtle contrast with the colorful petals of the flowers ahead and blending everything together in a gentle scene - each small detail from the leaves and stems, to the thin cracks of the pathway, giving the garden its unique and unspoken beauty.

"I take you enjoy the gardens as well?" The royal female speaks up and I lift my gaze, watching her stride forward. I meekly nod.

"I find it very lovely, yes. Do you?" I ask and she chuckles dryly, a soft breath making her chest rise and fall.