~37~ Red and restful reading Pt. 2

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 2531

Before this chapter starts I wanted to say that there's some references to the book 'Hero and leander' by Christopher Marlowe.
I wanted to clarify that I, obviously, don't own the book (unless I'm a gender changing time traveler who has no recollection what so ever of even writing it), as stated it's used as a reference.
Thank you!

Big thanks to my friend sskmskksksksksmsks for the idea for this chapter!*

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

We soon arrive to a part of the castle I had never been to before, stopping at the end of a hall in front of a pair of dark, wooden doors.

Using his left hand, George, who was still holding me bridal style, opens the left side door before gently pushing it open the rest of the way with his foot.

He walks calmly into the large, elegant room and over to the left side of the king sized, canopy bed against the back wall of the room.

"Wait." I say suddenly, my voice timid as he stops by the side of the bed, looking down at me with a slightly raised brow.

"What's wrong love?" He asks kindly and I feel my cheeks warm up slightly as I shake my head and look away.

"Your majesty, please..." my gentle, shy toned voice falters for a moment. "I...I don't want to ruin your bed too."

He simply smiles, holding me closer to him. "My sweet angel, I can replace the bed. You're way more important than some object, and right now, you're my top priority." He says, carefully setting me down on the mattress so my legs fell over the side before pulling the cream-colored covers and white sheets down.

I feel my heartbeat pick up, and close my eyes as I furrow my brow, lightly shaking my head.
"George I-"

"Please." He says kindly and I open my eyes, looking up at the slightly concerned, yet gentle expression on the male's face.
"Will you do it for me?" He asks.

I bite my lip, hesitantly sliding back onto the bed as the male's hand gently touches my knee, making my skin tingle as he pulls the covers over my frame, resting them at my waist.

I had to admit, being in the bed was nice, the soft, silky sheets making me want to melt under the warmth of the top cover.

"Thank you." He says kindly.

I place my hands in my lap, and at that moment I didn't know what was worse, the pain, or the dread that was seeping into my bones from the fact that I knew I was currently in the male's bed.

The king's bed.

I quietly exhale, playing with my fingers as I keep myself calm, ignoring the needles that pricked my eyes.

"Love."
His still gentle voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I take a breath as I look at him, my cheeks dusted a soft red, like flour on a countertop.
"You look tired." He says, leaning over the bed ever so slightly before gently placing his hand on my cheek.
"You didn't sleep well last night, did you?"

"...not really." I say softly, looking into his caring, and saddened gaze.

"I'm so sorry my dear. You should've came to get me."
His thumb lightly rubs my cheek, watching as I tense and pull my knees a little closer to my chest, his chest falling ever so slightly as he takes a small breath.
"How about we try and take your mind off of it?" He asks kindly.